8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

pics of HFP suspension on a 4dr?

12K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  treken2t87 
#1 ·
i am thinking about getting the HFP suspension system. but i dont know how it looks. i was just wondering if anyone is kind enough to post their picture of their car with that set up and is a 4dr

#4 · (Edited)
here's my input on HFP suspension:

stock (first day of new car ownership & 17" stock wheels)
=====

not stock (HFP + a couple months of settle-in time w/ 18" Mugen GPs)
========

#9 ·
yeah i sorta thought so too based on my buddy's 2DR w/ HFP suspension.. and even more odd IMO; my buddy's 2DR has the HFP muffler just like me... but mine is louder & more noticeable on the street & stationery than his. weird. guess that extra 2" of piping makes the difference in sound quality/volume.

HFP FTwW! (warranty is the first "w") ;)

#10 ·
yeah solo ur car looks great its real clean. i want the HFP suspension. but i dont know if its a good idea to change the spring of the HFP suspension or not. cuz im afraid that it might blow. and did u have a hard time deciding what kind of rim to get? cuz im having a hard time deciding.

#11 ·
what might blow? the shocks? can you clarify please?

just fyi, the HFP sports suspension KIT you buy has 4 springs & 4 shocks included & all put together for you. the 2 fronts are completely fabricated in-box...all you do is swap out old with new. the rears have spring & shock separate as that is how our rear suspension is set up with the "spring cups" & the floating shock.

as for the wheel choice... nope not hard at all. didnt even have to look much to be honest. hardest part was deciding what tires i could afford after the fact. got my wheels from this very website actually... from our sponsor CollegeHillsHonda.com for a great deal. $1799 + shipping from Ohio not Japan & that was an entire WHEEL KIT not just wheels standalone.

#14 ·
yeah a fair amount. someone truly concerned about their car would get the F & R camber kits to adjust as needed.

for just a regular daily or whatnot, you should be just fine w/ a good alignment.

toe is what destroys tires, not necessarily just camber. get everything dialed in proper and you're good to go. :thumb:

i have the full HFP sports suspension setup, bigger tires (1" in diameter & 10mm in width) and i have like -1.8 degrees of camber in the rear. unfortunately, my camber isn't even front-to-back or side-to-side, so i would benefit greatly from a good rear camber arm setup & front bolts if i had the money.

#18 ·
its all a matter of preference and/or opinion. but thanks for throwing in your 2 cents.

i just returned from Tail of the Dragon @ Deals Gap, NC w/ the 8thCivic group of 69 ppl and my measly HFP sports suspension did amazingly to be honest. coupled w/ all the power mods, wider tires, lighter wheels, and the CT-E adjustable rear sway bar of course.

:D

#20 ·
agreed ^^^
well said!! :clapping:

i used to have the Skunk2 Pro-S shocks mated to my HFP springs and was lovin' life.. but eventually the shocks started squeaking and making lots of unpleasant noises and failed... after a mere 5K miles or so. removed them and went back to full HFP springs/shocks and no problems to report.

adding the 225mm tires replacing the 215s made the gap that much less noticeable in the wheel wells. THE perfect drop for my personal taste.

i love lookin' @ lowered cars just as much as the next guy, but i don't miss my EM2 which was slammed to the ground for 3 years+ ugh...

DD FTW!

#21 ·
Thanks Joey.

The KONI dampers have been excellent, no noises or issues with them. (10K+ miles). They perform excellent with the HFP Springs. I had ~38K miles on the Full HFP when I decided to switch. I loved the little extra lower, but the progressive rate spring was not very predictable navigating chicanes. The main reason I switched back to HFP linear rate springs.

I agree, I love looking at lowered cars, but for DD, not so much.

In the end, what ever work for the end user!

#27 · (Edited)
:waiting: on the next epic post.... :popcornbig:

:gah: i just realized how old the pics are in this thread. lol
i should post some from The Dragon off killboy's website. "HFP @ work" :woowoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.