8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry no before pictures , took 5hrs, didnt even clean engine bay, when i got done it was dark will post more pics 2marra
step 1 wash meguiars gold class soap
step 2 Dry
step 3 clay bar
Step 4 chemical guys ez creme smells like grapes and i purple good stuff
Step 5 Wax meguiars nxt 2.0 wax and is a sealant also
For the windows invinsible glass cleaner its awsome
i do all my work by hand no buffer

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Especially on Honda's / Acura's. If you clay, you must polish. Claying is an abrasive. You are missing the second most important step, which is polishing out the defects of the clear. First is proper prep IMO.....Wax is only a temporary fix in this situation. After a few weeks or rains it will look like poop :( Good luck.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Sorry no before pictures , took 5hrs, didnt even clean engine bay, when i got done it was dark will post more pics 2marra
step 1 wash meguiars gold class soap
step 2 Dry
step 3 clay bar
Step 4 chemical guys ez creme smells like grapes and i purple good stuff
Step 5 Wax meguiars nxt 2.0 wax and is a sealant also
For the windows invinsible glass cleaner its awsome
i do all my work by hand no buffer
No pics either :(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a couple pics it was dark out how do i upload the pics? i believe the ez creme is a polish im not sure thoe.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Ex Creme Glaze is a glaze. Not a filler glaze more of a cleaner glaze to properly prep the surface for the LSP. :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info new to detailing how do u upload pics i never did theat before whats a good polish

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
You can get a Photobucket account for free and host the pics there then post them here.

As for Polishes...Your gonna need a machine and pads and the polishes. Its a good investment to get into it :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awsome thanks from what i hear machines can mess up the paint i heard doing it by hand is best i guess it all personal pref. my arm is like jello lol i need to get a machine awsome thanks going to check it out
then post a couple pics then tommarrow get the day pics just heard its suppose to rain hopefully it doesnt

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

Just click get img code..It Looks like this except it has [ in front of the first IMG tag and ] behind the last img tag..

IMG]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y354/shawncey26/detailed%202008%20fiji%20blue%20si%20sedan/SSPX0027.jpg[/IMG

Lookin good, lets get some full sun shots :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
EZ Creme Glaze is THA bomb! Super easy to use and on dark colors it fills ever so slightly, cleans the surface for proper wax or sealant adhesion. Check my post about DI sale as they stock this product. (Sorry, dont want to advertise/spam by linking this to it). CG themselves also carries this product but shipping is not cheap from them.

I just want to recommend that you try out Autoglym HD as its now it walmart and possibly a bargain in the wax range (due to it being a premium type wax- it used to cost $100 here, now $35) It shows the true markups...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill try the Autoglym HD i use meguiars 2.0 wax thanks
heres a few pics took today in the morning before the light rain came and all the pollen i hate pollen also road construction by my place the dust is horrible
IMG]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y354/shawncey26/detailed%202008%20fiji%20blue%20si%20sedan/DSC02871.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y354/shawncey26/detailed%202008%20fiji%20blue%20si

1 - 20 of 26 Posts