8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody....New to the world of Hondas here. I just traded my '04 MINI Cooper S for an '08 Si Habanero red pearl. I'm a bit nervous about the switch. I hope the my Si is as great as people tell me it will be. I'll be leasing so no mods, that I can't remove easily, lol. Looking forward to meeting some new people and learning more about my new car.

Susie

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
congrats on your purchase. your going to have a blast with it. too bad that your car is being leased so you cant really mod it but then my brother's friend's iprezza special edition is leased as well and he modded it with STI spoiler and STI seats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome....The leasing part does kinda suck but it kept my payment lower since I didn't get a very good trade on the MINI. It is also a deterrent to my brother who will want to tear it apart a mod it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a coupe. The dealer called me on Tuesday and my accessories weren't in. They arrived today, so I pick it up Friday night. I'll get some pics on Sunday, It is supposed to rain all day Sat, yuk. Not good picture taking weather.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I leased to keep the payment down and I also don't keep cars very long so I thought I would give it a try. I was starting to have transmission problems with the MINI and was almost out of warranty. I didn't want to be stuck with a ridiculous repair bill because they dicked around deciding what the problem was. I've already had dealer/warranty issues because I bought the car used, not from a MINI dealer, they didn't want to deal with it. I'm not into cutting my car apart anymore anyhow. I like it just the way it is.

Oh yeah...I just picked it up tonight, it's great. I'm gonna have to learn how to drive all over again, the transmission and engine are different from what I am used to with the MINI. Not sure when to shift, the engine to me always sounds like I need to shift up a gear. I guess something I just need to adjust too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts