8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
wat wheels did u get
Enkei RP03 18x9.5 +38 - Dunlop Direzza Star Spec 245/40/18

I wanted to go with Advan RZ, but they dont come in 18x9.5... and I didnt feel like going through the hassle of trying to fit 18x10s on the car. Its doable, but a little more work than I was looking for right now.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
Im actually not crazy about the looks, but theyre very functional for dual daily/autox usage for this year. Next year Ill have to dedicate these to trck use and get something bigger/better for daily baller status. They certianly dont look bad... but they dont 'make' the car, so-to-speak

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I think they look very good for their price. howcome you didn't go with a wider tire?
I didnt go wider tire b/c I wanted ot stay in the specs for my desired Auto-X class (STU). Wider tire wouldve automatically put me in SM against cars that are basically dedicated track cars

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Nice Chris. How do you like the Star Specs? I was considering getting those for the summer.
when the hell did you become a moderator!? :confused:

Anyways... I LOVE the star specs thus far. Very grippy even in the torrential downpour we had the other day.

looks a lot better now! how you loving it?
i love it quite a bit

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
The only Subaru I would drop would be the last gen Legacy & the wagon version because those were really sleek and classy shapes.

I think it's fine, but if you're looking for lowering options you won't find anything as trouble free and good compromise as the HFP for the Civic.. I'd rather go with a well thought out spring and shock combination but I don't think they make too many shocks for the whole 'preza lineup as of yet.. still

161 - 180 of 293 Posts