8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
a New sti is coming out, STI Carbon, with a black overtop 2.0L 307hp stock i believe.
Yeah, its beefed up from a suspension/motor standpoint, but If im not mistaken, it is lacking many many creature comforts. It is very much dumbed down from any luxury in favor of a more 'track ready' setup. At least thats how the dealer described it to me when they pitched it.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
hows the car phalanx?
The ONLY thing I miss about the Si is the high-revving fun of the K20. Beyond that, the STI slaps it silly... but that should also be expected for a $35,000 car when compared to the Si at ~$22k. In reality, its not really fair to compare the two.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Will be going 'stage 2' this weekend. Im actually testing out a new turboback for Maddad. People who know Subies will likely be familiar with them.

Getting strapped down to the dyno at 9am, baselined with stock tune,
flashed to cobb stage 1, then dynod,
removed from dyno to have turboback swapped, then strapped down and dynod again,
then flashed to stage 2 and dynod for the 4th time

Should be interesting
Beautiful STi man :)

Can't wait to see what kind of number you put down. The new body style's are making some real nice TQ numbers :)

I have a 2006 wrx with a VF39 (sti turbo) and STi intercooler pro tuned making 334 whp and 340lbs of tq on 18lbs on a dyno dynamics :)

I got tuned at the shop ct from Junior and got treated really well from them.

I hope to see ya this spring at some of the suby meets :)

Rob

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts

Can't wait to see what kind of number you put down. The new body style's are making some real nice TQ numbers :)

I have a 2006 wrx with a VF39 (sti turbo) and STi intercooler pro tuned making 334 whp and 340lbs of tq on 18lbs on a dyno dynamics :)

Rob
Hey Rob. Did I do your turbo swap at Ballistic?

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
LOL, yes you did :)
The one that I left the O2 sensor on top of the crossmember and forgot to reinstall it after I had to pull the downpipe a second time for some reason. lol..I want to apologize for that man. Sorry. I usually get to test drive the cars I fix daily but up at Scott's I never have time to. I am super sorry about that man.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

Rob
very nice! hopefully you will see me. are you on nasioc or iwsti?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
This is virtually copied from a post elsewhere:

Installed:
MadDad Essentials 3" Catted Downpipe
MadDad Essentials 3" Catback Exhaust

I should have the dyno graphs emailed to me in a couple days, but from my best memory ... my baseline (stock) was roughly 240awhp/255awtq... after adding the turboback and the Cobb off-the-shelf Stage 2 tune, we saw 280awhp/315awtq. So roughly a 40whp/60wtq gain over stock which isnt too shabby. We also noticed that with each run after doing the flash the numbers seemed to be increasing... which could be due to the ECU 'learning' the new tune better, but we cant be sure. We're hoping to go back in a few weeks to see how it fairs after having some time to break-in/adjust. Im sure I'd see more with a protune.

All-in-all I am thrilled that I took the plunge and went with this exhaust (it is a prototype for those that didnt know. The sound is EXACTLY what I was looking for, as was the power gains (though I believe there is definitely some to be gained with a nice protune).

After I left daddysscp's place, I took my 1hr drive home and did a bunch more 'testing' of how it sounds and the one and only 'issue', and I believe that 'issue' makes it sound way worse than it actually is, is that 6th gear cruise control at 70mph going up a slight incline results an extremely slight amount of drone. As a reference for those with roof racks, the drone was no louder than the extra wind noise created by the roof rack.

As far as how loud it is int he cabin, its obviously fairly loud when getting on the throttle. BUt when youre just cruising around, its very easy to uphold a conversation. Also, if you have the stock radio on at a volume setting of 10 or more,t he radio sound will overpower the exhaust sound... just to try and put some things into perspective.

Again, to say that im satisfied with this turboback would be an understatement.

Thanks Rich (MadDad/daddysscp) and the guys at ESP for a great product and service.

Heres a couple pics... better ones tomorrow (now that the car isnt filthy anymore):

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Wow! The sound,the tq....must be nice
Whats it like? lol
its weird... sorta like when when you first figure out start to fapp as a youngster. youve heard its awesome, but youve never done it... and then you try, and it feels a little weird, yet so right... and then it explodes. :vtec:

101 - 120 of 293 Posts