8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
You wont regret it... I also highly recommend grabbing a cobb ap and running their off-the-shelf stage 1 tune if you can swing the extra $$ (you can get them used for $525 shipped easily on various forums). The stock tune is 'blah'
Good to know, thanks! Do you know if an intake and exhaust are needed first before the stage 1 tune?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Chris you are really making me wanna get one of these. Me and my girl just got a MS3 to replace the stolen EK. She likes to rag on me that her car is quicker than mine. it's starting to eat at me, especially since I find myself buying more mods for her car instead of mine... I love the way the new STi's look btw (except the tail lights).

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Chris you are really making me wanna get one of these. Me and my girl just got a MS3 to replace the stolen EK. She likes to rag on me that her car is quicker than mine. it's starting to eat at me, especially since I find myself buying more mods for her car instead of mine... I love the way the new STi's look btw (except the tail lights).
You should do it. :lildevil:

Also, let me know when you want to come grab your stock head unit. ill bring it to work wiht me and you can just meet me there... assuming thats the easiest for you

Very nice upgrade!
thanks. im still upset at myself that i dont have any good pics yet :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Get some more pics up! I love how they have that growl to them. I almost traded my SI for an 09 WRX the other day, but the trade in was insane lowball.

What kind of MPG are you getting? I have heard that you can get fairly well on the highway if you stay out of boost.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Get some more pics up! I love how they have that growl to them. I almost traded my SI for an 09 WRX the other day, but the trade in was insane lowball.

What kind of MPG are you getting? I have heard that you can get fairly well on the highway if you stay out of boost.
Haha. The same thing happened to me. They were only going to give me $11K for my car. I laughed at them. Trade in for my car with the miles I have is $13K. So I told them to beat it.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
im currently averaging probably about 18mpg... mostly because its still new to me and sooooo much fun to romp on. i took a trip to VT over thanksgiving (~350 miles round trip) and got i think 20.... but thats not a good example because it was lots of hills, and i certainly wasnt sitting in cruise control at 65mph :lildevil:, and I had my ski rack on which doesnt help.

one thing tho: u need to red out the tails!!!
i know... i cant wait to red them out. too cold right now to do it, though.

·
Registered
920 Posts
im currently averaging probably about 18mpg... mostly because its still new to me and sooooo much fun to romp on. i took a trip to VT over thanksgiving (~350 miles round trip) and got i think 20.... but thats not a good example because it was lots of hills, and i certainly wasnt sitting in cruise control at 65mph :lildevil:, and I had my ski rack on which doesnt help.

i know... i cant wait to red them out. too cold right now to do it, though.
On my way back from IL picking up the car, I averaged around 22.7 mpg. The mode of SI-Drive helps a lot!

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
See you've found NASIOC too heh, I'm not a member but I frequent the site sometimes. Lots of NESIC people around this area and where I go to school too :shadyhat:

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Nice upgrade, I kick mysef in the ass everyday about getting the honduh instead of a scooby. I agree with the other guy, no way would I lose the rumble with a EL header.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
See you've found NASIOC too heh, I'm not a member but I frequent the site sometimes. Lots of NESIC people around this area and where I go to school too :shadyhat:
yeah, theres a number of people around. i had lunch with a couple NESIC guys yesterday

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
SEXXXY looking whip... but not feeling much the color.. I saw a white one and had to take a pic on my cell.. white looks great.

41 - 60 of 293 Posts