8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea, I guess weather would be an issue, one of these pre-shaped transport bags for hockey sticks could be a solution.

Shameless product plug here, I see in your first post you'll be looking for a short shifter soon, we'll be releasing our version of the STi short shifter for the 08+ model in the coming weeks. Let me know if you are interested and we'll hook you up!

Frank
PM'd

whats the power difference compared to the SI SC ?

I had no idea you where trading for this at all..
I had a part out thread going for like 3 months, lol. I went back to stock in August.

From the 'butt dyno' the power difference is significant. In reality, Stage 2 CTSC is making more whp (roughly 280)... the STI in stock form is making roughly 240whp.

The place where the STI is superior is in the AWD and the torque. Stage 2 CTSC sits you roughly 180-190wtq and the STI is roughly 235wtq. With the Cobb AP Stage 1 map, i probably bumped up another 20whp and 30wtq... at least thats what kind of gains others have seen.

I will note, though, that I really do miss the high-revving fun of the Si. I still hit the rev limiter much earlier than Im expecting b/c Im used to the Si.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know you parting out i just thought you where going back to stock or something lol but excellent pick up i hope to see it maybe in the spring some time if you visit..
I still plan on coming down for 8thfest assuming it happens again this spring.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
whats the power difference compared to the SI SC ?

I had no idea you where trading for this at all..
Well I did the install of his SC and drove both his cars. Thanks Chris for letting me test drive the STi:cheerleader:. And I can say that the STi walks ALL OVER his Si with the SC. Especially down low. There is just still no torque with the SCd Si. Now with the Sti the traction is AMAZING!! My boosted Si is probably making slightly more power but I am no where near as fast as the STi is even in stock trim. Just because when you smash the throttle it just launches. My car will just start going sideways and go nowhere. I am going to be all over an STi soon as well. It's all your fault Chris!!! :lildevil:

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Well I did the install of his SC and drove both his cars. Thanks Chris for letting me test drive the STi:cheerleader:. And I can say that the STi walks ALL OVER his Si with the SC. Especially down low. There is just still no torque with the SCd Si. Now with the Sti the traction is AMAZING!! My boosted Si is probably making slightly more power but I am no where near as fast as the STi is even in stock trim. Just because when you smash the throttle it just launches. My car will just start going sideways and go nowhere. I am going to be all over an STi soon as well. It's all your fault Chris!!! :lildevil:
You didnt even romp on the STI at all. :giggle: You need to come take it for a 'real' drive. :lildevil: Especially now that Ive got the AP going with the Cobb Stage 1 map.

Never seen a silver one before. Looks good as hell
Indeed... I had seen this one in pictures online but was kinda 'meh' about it. And I actually went in to look at an 05 White STI with Gold wheels, but then I saw this one in person and was like :eek:mg:

Im gonna try and take a few pics today at my inlaw's house when Im there for thanksgiving. I still have no daytime pics :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Quick semi-irrelevant question.. :giggle:
do you know if the new STi midpipe fits the 2.5i powertrain? I know in the previous gen it had to be elongated 2" to fit but with this one and the quad exhaust I don't know how similar their setups are since I haven't seen both at the same time.

+ I don't know if I could lose the boxer rumble with EL headers lol. They make slightly more power but I'm addicted to that low rumble with the right exhaust.

-/\C

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
You didnt even romp on the STI at all. :giggle: You need to come take it for a 'real' drive. :lildevil: Especially now that Ive got the AP going with the Cobb Stage 1 map.
Indeed... I had seen this one in pictures online but was kinda 'meh' about it. And I actually went in to look at an 05 White STI with Gold wheels, but then I saw this one in person and was like :eek:mg:

Im gonna try and take a few pics today at my inlaw's house when Im there for thanksgiving. I still have no daytime pics :facepalm:
I didn't have to to know that it's a beast. I could tell just by the way it lifted the nose up at half throttle. And if I do actually take if for a REAL ride, I'll be at Subaru about 17 seconds later. lol..And I just got my Full-Race manifold today.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Quick semi-irrelevant question.. :giggle:
do you know if the new STi midpipe fits the 2.5i powertrain? I know in the previous gen it had to be elongated 2" to fit but with this one and the quad exhaust I don't know how similar their setups are since I haven't seen both at the same time.

+ I don't know if I could lose the boxer rumble with EL headers lol. They make slightly more power but I'm addicted to that low rumble with the right exhaust.

-/\C
i have no idea

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
at this time in my life, having a sporty coupe just is all that practical... so I felt it necessary to part out and get myself a 4dr car with AWD because its 'more grown-up' and 'responsible' (thats the story I told the wifey, at least) :giggles:
lol i said this exact thing yesterday to my gf, about that car. nice upgrade i love the new sti's

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nice STi! I am actually trading my '06 SI for an Aspen White STi this weekend as well. I am sure I will miss the high revving K20 too, but you can't go wrong with an AWD 2.5L turbo hatch!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
lol i said this exact thing yesterday to my gf, about that car. nice upgrade i love the new sti's
Haha yeah... she didnt buy it. But she doesnt really care what I do with my car as long as I dont touch hers, so its all good.

that's a really nice upgrade man. definitely subscribing to this build
Thanks... ill be sure to update the thread when I have things to update.

Nice STi! I am actually trading my '06 SI for an Aspen White STi this weekend as well. I am sure I will miss the high revving K20 too, but you can't go wrong with an AWD 2.5L turbo hatch!
You wont regret it... I also highly recommend grabbing a cobb ap and running their off-the-shelf stage 1 tune if you can swing the extra $$ (you can get them used for $525 shipped easily on various forums). The stock tune is 'blah'

21 - 40 of 293 Posts