8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I had searched for this issue previously, but didn't just before writing this post. Therefore, I neglected to see this post:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mech...l-chat/137244-intermittent-hard-starting.html

still on the front page.

I would delete my thread if I could. Mods?

Every so often my Civic (07 EX 5MT) seems to crank longer before it starts. Normally it'll crank over maybe 2 or 3 times and then fire up (maybe a half second) but today for instance, it cranked probably 6 times (maybe 1.5-2 seconds) before it started.

No CEL, no codes, and if there's an order to when it does this vs when it doesn't I'm not sure what it is. Anyone else see this with their R18?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Every so often my Civic (07 EX 5MT) seems to crank longer before it starts. Normally it'll crank over maybe 2 or 3 times and then fire up (maybe a half second) but today for instance, it cranked probably 6 times (maybe 1.5-2 seconds) before it started.

No CEL, no codes, and if there's an order to when it does this vs when it doesn't I'm not sure what it is. Anyone else see this with their R18?
I have an 07 EX, and I've only had a similar issue in cold temperatures, not lately. Get a free battery check, seems like we'll need to get new ones soon. I can usually get 4 years out of a battery because of our warm climate. If it takes a few seconds EVERY time you start it, it'll probably be soon; you don't want to be stuck with a dead one :(

That intermittent hard start seems to come up with brand new models. If it took you three years to notice it, that may not be the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a 2010 LX that has done it to me once. It has about 7,000 miles on it. It was in the garage so it wasn't terribly cold, maybe 40*. I even let the pump prime all the way before I engaged the starter. Since it only happened once, I figured it a fluke. The previous run was also real quick, up the street and back so the car didn't fully warm up. I thought that might have something to do with it as well.

Do they all do that once in awhile?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts