8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a nice balance after selling junk on ebay I've been looking through honda parts when I noticed Cold Air Intake kits. Not being car smart as far as I understand they just effect the air flow which can lead to several things one of them being better mileage.

Didn't see a DIY for anything like that so my questions:

- Is it really an easy to install kit like the ebay adds claim?
- Does it really even work? I have the hybrid duh and all I'm looking at is testing if it really helps in gas savings. Can I even install or is it just an Si thing?
- Does a self install require removing the bumper or sections? Honestly I'd rather not do anything like that because I know I'd **** something up.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
my advice: stay away from ebay intakes

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm well change the question then: Would an intake from a more trusted source work as advertised or even fit?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
wait...now that i look at your profile and see you have a hybrid...that list only lists one its Fujita
Honda Civic (2006-2007 Hybrid)
F5 Fujita Short Ram Air Intake System (Polished)
price: $185
part number: FUJ-SR-1923

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for info :thumb:

Thinking it over cold air technically on paper shouldn't be anything I want. The goal is to get the engine warm....hmmm still might be something I'd try out.

Still the question remains are these something you need skill or a shop to put in?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
its easy to install an intake that was the second mod i did on my car.....
edit: i dont mean for my si i mean cars in general

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for info :thumb:

Thinking it over cold air technically on paper shouldn't be anything I want. The goal is to get the engine warm....hmmm still might be something I'd try out.

Still the question remains are these something you need skill or a shop to put in?
the engine will still be warm.
It is just the air moving into the combustion chamber will be cooler since you are pulling the air from outside the engine bay. The cooler the air is (the more dense) the more oxygen you can get into the combustion chamber. Your hybrid still has a regular gas engine. Think of it like an air pump. The easier you make the pump work the more fuel efficient it will be. So in taking one breath with the CAI you are getting more oxygen then taking one breath with a normal engine bay intake (air box, sri, what have you).
Install is very easy. On most Hondas you have to pull off the front bumper (5mins, very easy but seems like more work then it really entails) or pull the wheel and pull back on the wheel liner (5-10mins but a bit less scary for a noobie).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts