8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much more power does a Suburu WRX STI have than a Honda Civic Si. I know theres a 10k price diffrence but I just want to know. Not the hp and everything, but just in genral, which one has better chances of winning a race. Si only has front wheel drive but has a vtec engine.

Just help me out with the pros/cons and all other stuff I should know about the performace diffrences between these two cars

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type/how many mods does an si need to be quicker with acceleration and everything like that to beat a STI, is it possible to have enough mods to do that?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
310 hp (somewhere along these lines) sti. AWD for the STI also. You have a zero chance of winning if you race from a roll. You have -2134987234 chance of winning from a dig. Not trying to be a ****, but the si has no chance against the STI unless you go F/I. You can always go FI on the SI which I would choose AJP for 6-7000 that will put you to 376whp and therefore you will smoke the STI. So the SI will be cheaper and faster with the (arguably) best turbo kit out right now for our car. Only problem is that the tuning is not yet perfect. It has a lot of problems with it right now, so I suggest staying away from it until they get it right (which is what I'm going to do).

The Si I believe is lighter then the STI

Imo, vtec, mivec, vvt and all that crap has almost no chance against FI engines. Saying this though is like comparing apples to snozzberries

If you are going to race, do it on a track and be safe

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
remz857 said:
What type/how many mods does an si need to be quicker with acceleration and everything like that to beat a STI, is it possible to have enough mods to do that?

Better find your self a turbo kit for your SI 1st

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ I got NOS, and im gonna use two turbo kits from a buddie of mine for the race.

2 am

Rogers Park, Chicago IL

This friday night

No money on the line lol, just some good old fun, and lots of kids coming to watch us, we're blocking off the roads

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
remz857 said:
^ I got NOS, and im gonna use two turbo kits from a buddie of mine for the race.

2 am

Rogers Park, Chicago IL

This friday night

No money on the line lol, just some good old fun, and lots of kids coming to watch us, we're blocking off the roads
Not really understanding what you mean by the 2 turbo kit.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
remz857 said:

2 am

Rogers Park, Chicago IL

This friday night

Oh ok so u are going to put TWO turbos in your car by this friday? Your full of ****.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
remz857 said:
^ no, its my buds, i wont be able to afford that much in like a week, Im borrowing it
You can't put 2 turbo kits in your car. You can put 2 turbos in there, but I don't think that is possible at this level yet. Maybe in 5 years, we will maybe have twin turbo, but then it'll be too expensive and will probably have way too many problems since we can't even fix the tuning for FI on our car yet.

Btw, you can't just slap on a turbo for the car and expect it to run like it just came from factory.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
remz857 said:
^ no, its my buds, i wont be able to afford that much in like a week, Im borrowing it
Oh I get it now! Your friends Si is turbo? Got pics of that? I mean, at least show it to us, considering u have shown us your "si" u been bragging about for a week.

Cant your parents help u afford it? Didnt they pay for everything else? Just an option ...

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
illusionstwice said:
Oh I get it now! Your friends Si is turbo? Got pics of that? I mean, at least show it to us, considering u have shown us your "si" u been bragging about for a week.

Cant your parents help u afford it? Didnt they pay for everything else? Just an option ...
Let's try not to flame yet or the mods will lock. This thread is giving me a pretty good laugh

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
remz857 said:
How much more power does a Suburu WRX STI have than a Honda Civic Si. I know theres a 10k price diffrence but I just want to know. Not the hp and everything, but just in genral, which one has better chances of winning a race. Si only has front wheel drive but has a vtec engine.

Just help me out with the pros/cons and all other stuff I should know about the performace diffrences between these two cars

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
and locked for discussion of non sanctioned street racing. Doesnt matter what you do, if its not at a legitimate track its not allowed on here.

NO street racing posts means

NO STREET RACING POSTS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.