8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 08 taffy white 4dr si bought a few months ago and bought hfp lip kit and other outside looks but know i wanna go with performance. my question is which exaust system,headers and intake would give me da most performance?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
on more of a budget i would get the injen and dc sports.

·
Banned
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but iam debating on CAI or short ram and so far i like the greddy evo2. but would this one fit the 4dr?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
why not go with X's Intake? Its been dyno proven numerous times between 12-14whp(correct me if im wrong) and he seems like a very reputable person to buy from.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
X's intake, Buddy Club or Vibrant race header, and turbo mafia exhaust. This would be my setup if I could start over...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
^ yea he is. It doesn't help that even with his special Jig and experience making them it still takes 3+ hours to make one V1 intake :(

My hat goes off to that guy.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Best performance mod is suspension, brakes, wheels and tires. The word 'performance' is not equivocal to speed.

For speed, exhaust and header are the best places to start; the exhaust system will always be needing an upgrade whether your ride stays naturally-aspirated (NA), or forced induction: supercharged or turbo charged (FI). A port-matched and polished intake manifold would be an expensive but good option for NA, as well as lighter weight pulleys. Other engine mods (like cams) are limited by a lack of tuning (i.e., electronic control; fuel, timing, ignition, and cam angle adjustments for optimum engine performance.)

It's been debated here whether an intake provides gains over a throttle body spacer or plenum for more air volume before compression. Evidence points that a spacer may be best over an intake.

US$.02-- worth what you paid for.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
If you're on a budget I say get

Aem/injen CAI
TB spacer+ 2 gaskets
DCRH
Skunk2 70mm exhaust. If you want a softer exhaust a vibrant will do.

If if you want more power with an exhaust get a 3 inch piping. The K-series motors likes to breath.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts