8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
what about the chips for sell on ebay. they promise 20-60hp by just interfacing a resistor with intake sensor. this tells the engine that the air is a different temp which sends more air/fuel. anyhow, i do not knwo if there is any truth to this???

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Im selling swamp land in mississippi, perfect for building your dream house, you interested....:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
actually they do work ...(personal experience) for only 10 cents increase horsepower ~5whp. dyno proven at the school i went to too. but not safe for motor.

but as for the main question... only american motors use 'chips'. engine management is the proper way to do it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
actually they do work ...(personal experience) for only 10 cents increase horsepower ~5whp. dyno proven at the school i went to too. but not safe for motor.

but as for the main question... only american motors use 'chips'. engine management is the proper way to do it.
well, lets put it this way, and this is from personal experiance watching friends buy this crap, and this includes Jet Chips. these trick the ECU into thinking its running better, but after about 300 miles, the ECU relearns and corrects what it thinks is an error, rendering your fancy eBay purchase useless until you reset your ECU, programmers work different, as said in your statement these only apply on American made vehicles (i.e. My 2001 Dodge Ram 1500) they reflash or reprogram your ECU with new features to make your vehicle run more efficiant and release more ponies, they also let you revert back to stock simply by plugging back in to the diag port. :spinning:

·
Registered
281 Posts
search function sucks! and thats the fact. i can never find what im lookin for and always shows the same results nomatter what u looking for. thats guys just took the easy way and u 2 had to jump him? wow...

·
Premium Member
30,967 Posts
search function sucks! and thats the fact. i can never find what im lookin for and always shows the same results nomatter what u looking for. thats guys just took the easy way and u 2 had to jump him? wow...
how did i jump on him ????

i am showing him that it been asked several time i trying to help him find out more info

·
Premium Member
19,581 Posts
it gets annoying when u are on this site alot. The search function sucks cuz u dont know how to use it. cllick search, then advanced search and enjoy. u will get used to it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.