8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in need of help, i am looking for the perfect suspension. (2008 SI)

i was thinking either the Tein SS full coil over kit, or the Tein "Flex" coil over kit., please vote and let me know what you think.

i am also going to get the controller for inside the car where you can adjust the suspension to preset modes without turning a wrench. good idea? bad idea? any discrepancies?

basically i am looking for the best suspension for my car. i want to be able to corner on rails!!! if you don't think EITHER of these suspension kits are the BEST ONE, please do me the favor and write me on this post and let me know what you think is better. i am in my research phase right now and have heard many good things about tons of brands and i really need the help now of others to finalize this decision. i haven't ever purchased a suspension kit for a Honda, so i have NO IDEA what is the BEST!!

ALSO WHEN IT COMES TO THIS CAR, MONEY IS NO OPTION, I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR IT, SO ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME AND APPRECIATED.

i was also going to get the megan racing rear lower tie bar, and the front H-brace.

if i install the H-brace, can i still add on the front lower tie bar? thanks in advance for all your help. i want to start buying this stuff asap so come march i can put it all on. thanks

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
To be short, there's no such thing as the "perfect" suspension. What you think to be perfect depends on your needs, your preferences. I'd take a step back, put away your wallet for a second and figure out what exactly you want to change in the stock setup, and why.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Im thinking about getting some Teins myself, but just a question, once I have them installed in my car do I have to remove them everytime I want to change my ride height or just the rims? Sorry to thread jack

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I am waiting for more suspension options to come out, or i will just get the HFP because so far it's the only one that actualy helps handling. From what i have read here, most of the other suspensions just give you a drop, but more body roll

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im thinking about getting some Teins myself, but just a question, once I have them installed in my car do I have to remove them everytime I want to change my ride height or just the rims? Sorry to thread jack
no you just have to adjust the ride height. your simply make the adjustment on the coilovers. i am looking into buying the adjuster with the SS or the Flex. you can adjust the ride height from inside the car. simply push a button

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am waiting for more suspension options to come out, or i will just get the HFP because so far it's the only one that actualy helps handling. From what i have read here, most of the other suspensions just give you a drop, but more body roll
where have you read this? i would think that the other suspension kits would be better then the HFP. tokico makes the ones HFP supplies you with.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
where have you read this? i would think that the other suspension kits would be better then the HFP. tokico makes the ones HFP supplies you with.
Search button is your friend. The other suspensions just lower the car, the HFP lowers it a little bit, but with the thicker coils, it make the rebound( correct terminology?) stronger. They are stiffer in other words.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
you can adjust the ride height from inside the car. simply push a button
:coffee: With the EDFC you can adjust Damping not height.

The HFP are SHowas Dampers valved to match the HFP springs.

If you don't know don't say...Lotsa Misinformation in this thread :sadwavy:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
no you just have to adjust the ride height. your simply make the adjustment on the coilovers. i am looking into buying the adjuster with the SS or the Flex. you can adjust the ride height from inside the car. simply push a button
that controller is for the dampening. Not the ride height. You push the up arrow for stiffer, and the down arrow for softer.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Ahhhh I got to this party late. Can I kick the legs since Greg already got the ribs? Or maybe I can get the head? Did any one claim the head yet?

I've had Tein SS and Tein Flex and I would never consider either of them the best suspension in any possible scenario any one could possibly come up with. For more on my stories of SS and Flex, please, feel free to search.

If cost is no option, I'd get Motons. Those are only like 10 grand right?

Yodums, she is hot.

Off to watch playoff football while at work.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Well if cost is no barrier, you can swap the rear to coilovers, then get coilover Motons :vtec:

If my input makes any difference, I LOVE my Mugen suspension. Everything I was looking for. Rear rotates better, not back-breakingly stiff, roll feels more composed, a greater sense of stability and confidence during turns. It's not a track setup though, as I'm thinking it's not aggressive enough with the dampening. But my car isn't meant to be a track car--if I take it out it'd be every once in awhile. Yeah they're revalved Showa dampers, but I don't need some crazy 30-way double-adjustable setup, so I'm happy with my purchase.

H braces and tie bars probably won't make much of a difference, as far as lap times go. It might feel more rigid and composed, but chasis flex isn't that huge of a problem.

One track option that looks nice is the Spoon adjustable coilovers for the FD2 Civic Type R.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.