8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is basically a thread for those of us who were scammed by Turbo Mafia.
Since I have received a credit by my cc company and just received a letter confirming it, I have decided to go with a Vibrant cat back exhaust.

After doing much research, the Vibrant is closest to what I want in an exhaust. It has a 2.5" diameter, oval muffler and one resonator. After listening to videos on YouTube, I feel the Vibrant has a deep, muscular sound to it. I also like the performance gains that are claimed for it. I also like the fact that it can be quickly adapted to the FA5.

For you guys who got ripped off, what are you planning to get instead?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Nice thread Bill :p I saw Turbo-Mafia and my heart skipped.

Personally, I'm thinking either staying stock or getting Vibrant. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well, thinking about the LSD for the coupe...or else Vibrant. Not going to do this until winter is done with now though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm getting the vibrant catback mostly because of the gains claimed, it looks like the stock system, and it actually exists. the only thing holding me back is im saving up to get the cat back and the header w/ HFC and do the whole thing at once.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice thread Bill :p I saw Turbo-Mafia and my heart skipped.

Personally, I'm thinking either staying stock or getting Vibrant. Not sure yet.
Keith, we are brothers in arms as it were. We have been to shopping hell and back. Semper Fi. Oorah!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I have a vibrant stock my car made 181hp to the wheels catback went on like clock work 191 to the wheels good sounding exhaust. Now im going skunk 70mm :p

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still have the Invidia system available :) Could try give an 8thcivic member an even better deal!

Thank you Jonathan for helping out. All of us that bought Turbo Mafia systems got all starry eyed and put our trust in smoke and mirrors game. If I hadn't have just ordered my Vibrant, I may have taken you up on the deal! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still have the Invidia system available :) Could try give an 8thcivic member an even better deal!

Thank you Jonathan for helping out. All of us that bought Turbo Mafia systems got all starry eyed and put our trust in a smoke and mirrors game. If I hadn't have just ordered my Vibrant, I may have taken you up on the deal! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah I sold the Vibrant to get the T-M Exhaust...so yeah...that worked out. My only problem with the Vibrant was that it droned like crazy on the highway. I am probably going to wait and see what Corsport comes up with since I have been putting in a lot of input in on their thread. I love the idea of an exhaust like the Vibrant but 70mm. We'll see though. I might go back and order another Vibrant if I get too impatient, but I would rather have the Corsport one if it's available.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
After doing much research, the Vibrant is closest to what I want in an exhaust. It has a 2.5" diameter, oval muffler and one resonator. After listening to videos on YouTube, I feel the Vibrant has a deep, muscular sound to it. I also like the performance gains that are claimed for it. I also like the fact that it can be quickly adapted to the FA5.
Well I didn't get ripped but I'm still gonna ask/comment anyways. It seems like you and I pretty much want the exact exhaust.. OEM look (oval muffler), deep sound and not *too* loud. I have a question though, whats this 'quickly adapted to the FA5" you're talking about? That has peaked my interest..

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Well I didn't get ripped but I'm still gonna ask/comment anyways. It seems like you and I pretty much want the exact exhaust.. OEM look (oval muffler), deep sound and not *too* loud. I have a question though, whats this 'quickly adapted to the FA5" you're talking about? That has peaked my interest..
Actually, lucky for you :p the Vibrant uses a clamp style flange in the middle so I've heard of some people extending it to fit without any modification.

(If you look at the pic on the first page it'll make more sense)

I personally haven't done it but I've heard it works.:thumb:

EDIT- 666th POST!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I was never getting anything from turbo mafia anyway, but if I can't get what I want (FULL 76-80mm (3") titanium piping and muffler) I'll probably get the Skunk2 76mm :biggrin:

Or if CorSport makes a coupe exhaust I may have to check it out.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, lucky for you :p the Vibrant uses a clamp style flange in the middle so I've heard of some people extending it to fit without any modification.

(If you look at the pic on the first page it'll make more sense)

I personally haven't done it but I've heard it works.:thumb:

EDIT- 666th POST!!
Hey Keith, mark of the beast there. Type as fast as you can to get to #667. :laughing:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Vibrant muffler on the way for me. I'll add a resonated tip to it. These will be welded up to replace the muffler on the skunkII 60mm exhaust system. I welded a Magnaflow magnapack to in the position of the stock first resonator. I'm sure it will sound good but I hope the drone is not too bad with this set up. The resonated tip looks stock with the same exact dimentions so I'm sure I'll get a few people wondering about the bark.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was thinking either vibrant or lsd since i got a fa5 also

Both are great systems. The LSD is definetly louder, but it is FA5 specific. The Vibrant can be adapted to the FA5 relatively easily. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
wanted to tell everyone that the skunk2 rep on this site said that theyre fabricating a new design that will be quieter for our cars, theres no word when itll be for sale yet though..maybe skunk2 could chime in on this for us _________?

but if your not into quiet skunk2 70mm is your best bet IMO..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts