Turbonetics Ball Bearing Single Turbo Kit

Turbo: Turbonetics 60-1 Ball Bearing Turbo

Intercooler: Spearco Large W.A.V.E. Technology Core with Cast End Tanks

Fuel Management: Turbonetics Tuned Upgraded ECU with Larger Injectors

Air Filter: Turbonetics AF-1

Wastegate: Turbonetics Evolution

Blow Off Valve: Turbonetics Raptor with Polished Discharge Horn

Intercooler Piping: Black Chrome Mendrel Bent Aluminum

Exhaust Pipes: Polished Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel with V-band Connection Between All the Pipes

Downpipe: 3.0" Polished Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel

Cusco LSD Type RS 1.5 350Z

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs VQ35DE

Jim Wolf Technology Oil Pan Spacer Kit 350Z/G35 VQ35DE

Tanabe Ultra Medalion (Single) Titanium Exhaust

AEM UEGO Wideband O2 Air/ Fuel Gauge

Defi D-Gauge 52mm Boost Mechanical Black

Defi D-Gauge 52mm Exhaust Temp (EGT) Black

IntensePower.com Full A-Pillar Triple Gauge Pod

Window Tint 15%

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
wow that is beautiful. Props on a nice car there man. Ever taken it to the track, or put it on a dyno for some #'s? Looking nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had and still having problems, but the car runs fine enough for me to drive daily and for others who have drove her... They are impressed, but to me it just ain't quick enough... Though not exactly what I wanted, seems like a huge money pit as well as a huge sorry monkey to work on... Along with most of the work I didn't do for various reasons (lack of time, and install prices being really good), so sometimes I feel uncomfortable about her.

Before turbo, my car dyno'd with only exhaust at 249 WHP... Then after the turbo was installed I did 322 WHP, which is more lower than many others with the same kit :(

So still trying to figure out what is causing this, is it fuel pressure, is it the ECU flash program, etc.

But I got some plans that should go into effect at the end of this month... Like getting my Emanage Ultimate installed and tune'd. Getting a new intake manifold (plenum), new spark plugs (which I might have messed up since I am running really rich or was running really rich), boost controller/turbo timer, and upgrading the injectors from 380cc to 440cc... Along with a full return fuel system :)

Should fix all my problems and allow me to get closer to that 400 WHP mark :D

webby said:
wow that is beautiful. Props on a nice car there man. Ever taken it to the track, or put it on a dyno for some #'s? Looking nice.
Thanks folk, took her to the strip before the boost... Best run on a hot humid day was 14.6 1/4 mile... And since my Z is the Base version it is open LSD so I was mostly spinning my one tire :laughing:

Def. looking forward to going to the track after the new mods.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Dang, Jon!!!! :eek:

That is one sharp Z!! How many times have you been to the track? :) That REALLY looks nice!! I bet you don't miss the EP3 :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2fast4u2 said:
Dang, Jon!!!! :eek:
That is one sharp Z!! How many times have you been to the track? :) That REALLY looks nice!! I bet you don't miss the EP3 :D
Before the boost, only once and I did 14.6 so I ain't ashamed :driving:

Haven't been able to go cause I was running so rich and was worried about possible problems that can come from running WOT.

And thanks, also I do miss my EP3 sometimes... Cause it would be so much easier and cheaper to work on and modify... You won't believe the difference in cost of parts for the Z.

My single turbo kit is one of the cheapest ones you and buy. At that was at $4700 :SHOCKED: Twin Turbo's lets not go there :eek:

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Peking said:
Before the boost, only once and I did 14.6 so I ain't ashamed :driving:

Haven't been able to go cause I was running so rich and was worried about possible problems that can come from running WOT.

And thanks, also I do miss my EP3 sometimes... Cause it would be so much easier and cheaper to work on and modify... You won't believe the difference in cost of parts for the Z.

My single turbo kit is one of the cheapest ones you and buy. At that was at $4700 :SHOCKED: Twin Turbo's lets not go there :eek:

Dang! I didn't realize that the turbo kit was so expensive!! :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2fast4u2 said:
Dang! I didn't realize that the turbo kit was so expensive!! :eek:
Yep and there are folks who can drop more than 7K for a basic twin turbo kit :SHOCKED:

Or how about almost 6K for a supercharger kit :driving:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
you wouldn't want to see what people drop on the is300 boards. Average prices on a turbo setup/install - about 8-10 grand.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I hate you............

But...... all i have to say is ---> :hitit:

Freakin nice car... so freakin jeallous... i really reallly really want a 350z

Too bad the new ones come with 300hp base... if u did all those mods on the new one.. u would be like very very fast =P

Grats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts