8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '07 Si out on Road Atlanta this weekend for the PDX. While most of this forum seems to focus on straight line acceleration I wanted to see just how well the Honda would handle a serious road course.

Acceleration off the corners was pretty good but I had to keep the RPMs in the VTech range to get maximum speed in the straights (110 on the long back straight, 90 on the shorter front); I never got into 6th gear and used the shift indicators for shift points. Cornering was absolutely phenominal with lateral G's in the 0.93 - 1.01 bracket (per the G Tech Pro RR) on Falken Azenis. I determined that the car will run and handle better than I am capable of driving (OK I admit it, I'm gettin' old and the reflexes ain't as good as they once wuz!). On most corners I dropped to 4th to keep RPMs up and used pretty severe brake pressure. Never hit ABS or Traction Control but softened the brake lines up by the end of the first session (20 min); I'm running DOT 4 brake fluid and have SS brake lines to install before the next outting.

For any one living within 100 miles of Atlanta I recommend contacting the SCCA Atlanta Division for info on future PDX's. They are normally run on Sunday mornings between Road Races and if you are willing to volunteer to work the races (Flagging & Communications, Tech, Grid, etc.) for the weekend, the PDX can be free. It's a great way to learn your car's (and your own) capabilities and the work gets you up close and personal with some of the best race cars and drivers in America.:vtec:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have taken my FG to Road Atlanta. It's great. I do my track days with N.A.S.A.(the race people, not the space people, lol).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts