8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:banghead: So while i was working my 9 - 2 shift...some ******* either pulling in or pulling out of the parking spot next to me....smashed into my mirror and left it dangling...didn't leave a note or anything!!! I got in my car after work and began backing out of my spot, then looking in my passenger side mirror to see that its not there. [email protected] Im very unhappy...and i hate people that do hit and runs...they are assholes...thanx for listening to me vent! lol

i do have a question of opinion...should i go through the dealer to get this taken care of or a body shop...which would be better cost wise??

I already had the police report taken care of, along with calling insurance...i do have a $500 deductible but i doubt it will cost that much...well im hoping anyways....grrr to this day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My insurance company considers parking lot damage with no witnesses/notes to be uninsured motorist coverage. The deductible on that coverage is typically set at $0 or $250. You might want to check with them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
probably a ghetto person. probably the same damn ghetto guy who talked during the WHOLE DAMN movie last night(I am legend is badass by the way). you can probably replace it yourself. you better check and make sure they didn't scratch your car or dent it. but i doubt it was someone's car that hit it, they were probably walking by and hit it with their ass.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it would had to of been one huge ass to break that mirror...it sucks but it is what it is...i was really mad before when i started the thread...but tomorrow ill be the day to check for any scratches...i haven't noticed any dents yet and i hope thats because there are none...stupid ppl

·
Registered
897 Posts
that sucks dude. I hate when BS like this happens.

If it were me...I'd call up the dealer(s) and price a new unit...then buy it and put on myself. It isn't that bad. But...then again...it looks cold outside where you are so working on the car in the garage might not be high on your priority list at this time.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i would much rather do it myself...but its like 20 degrees here...my ex boyfriend would prolly help but i rather not go that route. I rather go through the dealer for sure.

·
Registered
897 Posts
If I lived closer...I'd do it for you...I'll be up that way for Christmas though :thumb:

Other than that...dealer will just bend you over (sorry...figure of speech)....hate to see you go that route but doesn't look like much choice. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Don't forget to check through College Hills Honda too. I've found it's cheaper to buy something through them and pay for shipping then it is to have my dealership order anything.

·
Registered
897 Posts
:thumb: no sweat...any one of us would be happy to help do it for you...but you'd have to make a trip out to see us. Of course you could do worse....its sunny and 70s - 80s here in south Florida. I'll leave the light on for ya.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha gee thanx....im not good with that stuff, i only trust myself doing oil changes cuz thats all i can do...yeah its snowing here...freezing rain and sleet all day...i cant wait til spring!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.