8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I believe LX, EX, EX-L, and Si model coupes get a passenger seat "walk-in" feature that, when the passenger seat is pushed forward to allow people into the back seat, will return the seat bottom and lock to the position in before it was moved (though not the seat back).

This has worked wonderfully and without flaw for 17,000 miles, but this weekend I noticed it was not working anymore. The seat, after being pushed forward, goes all the way back and locks. It doesn't "catch" the position it was.

My walk-in feature is broken. Just one more thing to ***** to the dealer about. They seriously must hate me.

Has this happened to anyone else, and is it easy to fix? I'm really getting tired of this ****. :sadwavy:.

·
Registered
561 Posts
my passenger seat does not return to the position before it was moved... instead, it moves to the "default" or "factory" position which is somewhere in the middle but not all the way back.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to go pull it out of the manual tomorrow unless someone wants to do it for me, the description of the walk-in feature, because for me, it always moved it back to the position it was last in.

There was never a "default" position. It always went back to the position it was in before it was moved to let a person in the backseat. I know this because I am OCD about my seats lining up, and my passenger seat always lines up with my driver's seat, and over the last week, it stopped doing that, and my driver's seat was not moved.

So, something is not right. It is going to the position you guys are describing now, not the place it used to.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i believe the "walk in" feature is that it automatically slides forward when the seat is tilted forward and has a foot release.
The driver side or any side on the DX will not slide forward unless the lever underneath the front of the seat is also pulled.
i am reading an 07 Coupe manual right now and it makes zero mention of returning to the previous place. you may not have noticed the lack of it before.
i was always under the impression that the drivers side did not have this feature because you would loose the position.

Verbatim from the manual: said:
To get into the rear seat on the passenger's side, push downward on the release lever at the back or the seat-back or pull up on the seat-back adjustment lever. The Seat-back will tilt forward to allow easier entry to the rear seat.

Except U.S. DX
When you push down the release lever or pull up the adjustment lever, the seat will also move forward. After a passenger gets into the back seat, push the seat-back to the upright position, and push the seat backwards untill it latches. Make sure the seat is fully latches before sitting in.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Ya, my GF usually has the seat pretty far back and reclined back more than mine. When I clean my car and finish in the back, I push the seat back and it is further forward than my driver seat and reclined more upright than my driver seat. I'm OCD like you and always have to push it back about even with the driver seat, and recline it back about even with mine in order to make it easier to see the side view mirror (as well as the OCD looking the same as each other lol)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm a big coupe guy.. If I wanted to haul people around, I would have gotten a sedan lol. I usually don't like to drive more than me and my GF. Sometimes, I wish I had gotten an S2K or a 350Z for that very reason. Then I would be forced to tell them, "Oops no back seat.. guess ya'll will have to walk :D"

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
^ also true. I swear half my friends honestly believe I dont have a back seat =D
lol I was vacuming mine the other day, and discovered dust in some places on the seat! Nobody is ever back there haha. But on topic mine does not return to the position it was in before either, it stops not all the way back, and the seat is very straight up, I have to put it back to where it was before.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
lol I was vacuming mine the other day, and discovered dust in some places on the seat! Nobody is ever back there haha. But on topic mine does not return to the position it was in before either, it stops not all the way back, and the seat is very straight up, I have to put it back to where it was before.
Haha, mine is the same way.. backseat is pristine! I think I've only had 4 people back there total... 2 of them about 5 times, and another 2 only once. 90% of the time it's just me, and the other 10% is the GF in there telling me the exhaust is too loud or I'm driving too fast. I enjoy my 90% of time alone A LOT! :vtec:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.