8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/ryryninja/DSC01408.jpg.
(aftermarket part, might not be same for OEM)

I went to the dealership today to order that part. They had to special order it because they didnt carry it. They said to come back next week to pick it up.

But I want to take a look at it to see if it comes with the black blank covers or if the switch holes are empty. If they are empty, i dont want it. It wont look clean. Would it be okay for me to say i dont want to buy it even after they special ordered it for me or do i HAVE to buy it. I dont want them mad at me lol. I did not pay yet.

I'm talking about number 38. Can you guys tell if it comes with those black blank plates or if they are all empty.

*picture borrowed from RYRYNINJA. Hope you dont mind.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
hmm..im pretty sure it comes with the blanks. how much was it? because my OEM foglights came with that, and all the blanks. heh sorry for the crotch shot

if it turns out they dont and you can cancel the order..lemmie know and i might just sell it to you, i dont think ill be needing it

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
I work in parts and we HATE it when people order something just to look at it. You should have had one of the parts guys do some research. they could have called the warehouse and had someone actually look at the part. I would rather spend a little time doing some research than have to send something back. Every time I send something back that someone orders that takes money out of my pocket.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work in parts and we HATE it when people order something just to look at it. You should have had one of the parts guys do some research. they could have called the warehouse and had someone actually look at the part. I would rather spend a little time doing some research than have to send something back. Every time I send something back that someone orders that takes money out of my pocket.
This guy didnt know anything about the part. I even took him over to one of their Si Sedans to POINT to what i was talking about. He said he doesnt know if it comes with it or not.

I went and showed him my printout of the HndaPartsDeals website diagram of the part (pictured in first post) and he still didnt know if it came with the blanks.

Why does it take money out of your pocket? I thought the dealership pays. Would that part i need be considered "special order?"

I also called up Honda Parts deals and spoke with one of them. He had no clue. He said "i dont work on the cars so i dont know what it comes with."

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
It take money out of my pocket, b/c Nissan charges us 10% of the cost of the part to return it. It comes out of our gross, which is what I get paid off of.

But, the parts guys should know. Its not your fault that he was a retard so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not a tech but I still know what parts come with what, and if I don't I sure find out before I just go ahead and order it.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm..im pretty sure it comes with the blanks. how much was it? because my OEM foglights came with that, and all the blanks. heh sorry for the crotch shot

if it turns out they dont and you can cancel the order..lemmie know and i might just sell it to you, i dont think ill be needing it
Why did OEM foglights come with that? I though OEM came with the stalk on the side of the steering column to replace the old one.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have an EX not an Si and mine is an 06 which means no VSA
Weird.. Im reading the College Hills Honda guide for the "06 LX SEDAN" (my car) fogs and the components include the stalk, not that single button.

My car comes with a storage pocket in that place. So if i buy K2 fogs, it comes with that single switch and theres no where to mount it. Thats why i wanna buy those 3 blank thingys so i can mount the switch cleanly in one of those blanks

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
So this is from your regular dealer?I'm sure if he knows you well enough not to get a deposit or full payment from you he won't be too upset.Parts guys don't like it much though!;)

Do you have a bigger pic from the first post?

My bet is on that same page it's going to show covers that go into that piece and will be sold seperately.The dotted box with the switch beside #38 is more then likely directing you to somewhere in the electrical section of the catalogue.There must be blanks shown on that page somewhere.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So this is from your regular dealer?I'm sure if he knows you well enough not to get a deposit or full payment from you he won't be too upset.Parts guys don't like it much though!;)

Do you have a bigger pic from the first post?

My bet is on that same page it's going to show covers that go into that piece and will be sold seperately.The dotted box with the switch beside #38 is more then likely directing you to somewhere in the electrical section of the catalogue.There must be blanks shown on that page somewhere.
First time i've ever had any business done with this dealership. lol

Where did you find that picture??? B-11-10? Thats a page #? I was wondering what that meant.

Here is the picture in the first post.
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/images/hp_parts/14SNA6.012.8.gif

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.