8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installed another amp in my car and New double din stereo along with all new speakers in my car. I was wondering what all parts I need. I have a 2008 civic ex coupe. Do I need a radio harness? All I need the stock plug for is power, ground, and dimmer. Also is there a harness to help install the steering wheel control interface? or just tap into the wires?

I was going to get these parts from honda:
77250-SNA-A01ZA (Center Panel Gray)
77255-SNA-A00 (Radio Bracket Passenger Side)
77256-SNA-A00 (Radio Bracket Driver Side)
93913-14420 (Screw, Tapping(4x16))
08B01-SNA-100 (Antenna Sud Harness Kit)

From the various places:
SCOSCHE SAHC634 6.5" Door Speaker Adaptor for 2006 & Up Honda Civic
Axxess ASWC - Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
EFX Core C BlockA2 by Scosche - Power Distributor

I have all the wiring and other things needed for install

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, do I need the stereo wiring harness? and what about a trim piece to hide the gap b/w the stereo and dash kit?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, technically you don't really need the harness.

You can ground to the frame of the car/run it back to amps and tap into the stock power and dimmer wires.

However, having a harness makes life much easier and can be bought for a few bucks on eBay:
Metra 70-1722 Honda/Acura Radio Wire Harness Stereo: eBay Motors (item 390180739594 end time Jun-07-10 19:34:11 PDT)

It's only $6. I've bought stuff from this guy before and it ships fast.

Not sure about the steering wheel interface or trim ring. Might wait to see if the trim that comes with your double din fits well or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 Honda Civic Ex

Greetings all,

The use of the HA10B Scosche wiring harness would be beneficial.

The Steering-Wheel-Control interface wire should be spliced into the SWC wire, which is located within the OEM Stereo connector and/or HA10B.

Good luck with your installation.

Sincerely,
:usa:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts