8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen any info on like AEM or Injen doing research or testing on the new Civics yet? I personally haven't seen much besides a few radio kits for sale for the new 2006 civic. All in time I guess.

·
Registered
287 Posts
well the car has to come out first, then someone (perfarbly from this fourm) will volunteer to let the company use their car as a tester, etc....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was going to get an RSX, but yes, the Si's price is a definite advantage. I have NO air conditioning in my 89 Maxima now, and I'm actually suffering the summer heat JUST to see the Si before I settle for the RSX or tC. This Si had better be worth the wait! And from what I'm reading so far, I think it is. It's 100 degrees today! HOT AND HUMID!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah it's so humid lately. Hope you live through the heat and enjoy your new ride, whatever it may be.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You guys think that the prices of the 06 Civics are going to stay the same? I think that maybe the EX would be cheaper that what it is now. If Honda is smart, along with these great features they are putting in the 06 models, the would lower the price to get customers who are going for the tC.

Hey if it is cheaper, i'm tradin in my Civic for the new Civic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it'll be a good 6-8 months after release before we see any good parts hit. I'm sure everyone's having alot of sleepless nights trying to get the first product out :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
the '06 Si is the only way to go, no competition with the RSX Type-S, as soon as it hits in December, it's gonna be the hottest car fo sho! You can't beat Navigation, LSD, 6-sp with the 197HP K20Z3, it's gonna blow all the other cars away!

-CK

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I was thinking of getting the 06 type s, but then I saw the new si coming out....but then I saw how the rumors of the price is going to be insane. So now I'm leaning toward the type s.

But then I think about how with hondata...you have to have a different wire harness to use kpro with it...****, I don't know what I want. But if I did get a type s, I'd just get a dc5r lsd and throw it in...I've done it before....but with quaife.

And SiTuner06...Navigation is overrated...how many times would you actually use it? I've been in cars that have it, I can't stand them. I know where I'm going 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time...to work, home, etc. I would have no use for it. I know how to get around without a computer to tell me to take a left or right.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure what pricing you're hearing, but honda has stated 3 million times the base SI will be less than 20k. They would take so much crap for releasing the car for more money than that.

The only other ways to get the car are with nav, and with summer tires. It's not going to be insanely priced.

·
Registered
51 Posts
02SilverSiHB, ok, well navigation kicks ass, i like it cuz it helps me when i don't know where i'm goin, thats the whole point, it's spiffy and it adds another pimp factor to the Si, something the RSX Type-S won't have for much longer

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i don't think i'd ever buy from AEM again.. their EMS is over rated a lot anyway. Autronics would be a better route for data logging/engine management.

Their intakes were crap when i had the rsx.. having to relocate the washer bottle and having problems with the shift linkage hitting the intake pipe.. Injen won me over.

Lately i've just been going forced induction, but with the EX i'm still not sure. All I know is i'm swapping out to the SI motor

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well if i get my Si tomorrow i would gladly call up AEM and tell them to thro one on and run some tests to see what its picking up as long as i get to keep the intake :). If i get this car i'll call them on monmday or tues if im not working..i already talked to ROTA wheels :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
OneSi said:
Well if i get my Si tomorrow i would gladly call up AEM and tell them to thro one on and run some tests to see what its picking up as long as i get to keep the intake :). If i get this car i'll call them on monmday or tues if im not working..i already talked to ROTA wheels :)
You know your car has a break in period right?

Injen FTW

·
Registered
441 Posts
ofcourse i do...firs 1000k miles for me..i take it easy..after 5k miles i start using my royal purple oil again..yay!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.