8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey need some help here...
i was picking up take out at the restaurant beside all-star wings (16th and woodine)
pulled over rite at the door, got in, and when i got out (like..after 2 mins)....douche cop is already there taking picture of my license plate
now i have a $100 ticket (Town of Markham)

so is there any way to get rid of the $100 fine?
any benefit in going for the hearing?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Didn't know you could get parking tickets for this..unless it specifically says no parking. I use to stop in the front to pick up wings all the time. Have hazards on? Doubt it would've made a diff though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
u could take it to a hearing or take the ticket to markham civic center. theres a dude there that will reduce it on the spot. no questions.

if i were you i would take it to a hearing since its $100

·
Registered
544 Posts
No offence buddy, but it annoys the #*@# outta me when ppl do that. I see it happen all the time at Times Square where ppl just leave their cars out in front, still on, or park in the handicap spot...

Especially in a plaza like Woodbine and 16th, there's ample parking space...

Having said that, you can probably take it to Warden and Hwy 7 and ask for your ticket to be reduced. Be prepared to come up with an excuse other than 'i was too lazy to find parking'

·
Registered
692 Posts
No offence buddy, but it annoys the #*@# outta me when ppl do that. I see it happen all the time at Times Square where ppl just leave their cars out in front, still on, or park in the handicap spot...

Having said that, you can probably take it to Warden and Hwy 7 and ask for your ticket to be reduced. Be prepared to come up with an excuse other than 'i was too lazy to find parking'
:yeahthat:

Its fawking annoying...exspecially in places like FMP...drives me nuts!
U got no sympathy from me.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I agree. It creates traffic and sometimes dangerous for motorist and pedestrians.

Just think of the ticket as the price for doing it. Your parking rate fee for the whole year. Since you've probably been doing it regularly. Just take the $100 divide it by 365 = 27 cents a day. Not a bad deal!!! LOL

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I agree. It creates traffic and sometimes dangerous for motorist and pedestrians.

Just think of the ticket as the price for doing it. Your parking rate fee for the whole year. Since you've probably been doing it regularly. Just take the $100 divide it by 365 = 27 cents a day. Not a bad deal!!! LOL
LOL @ the 27 cents a day thingy :)

I can't agree with you more Fred.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also find it very amusing when people do this. Especially now a days when half of our country has become a parking lot. You figure you'd park in one of many parking lots. LOL

What about when people off load at a stop sign and cause traffic. OMG WTF!!! It's so Un-Canadian!!!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
i don't normally stop in front... but i will do it for a quick second to let my grandparents in or out the car.

i got a ticket right outside my house in markham because i forgot to park my car back into the driveway overnight and when i woke up i had a $30 gift to the town left on my windshield.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i don't normally stop in front... but i will do it for a quick second to let my grandparents in or out the car.

i got a ticket right outside my house in markham because i forgot to park my car back into the driveway overnight and when i woke up i had a $30 gift to the town left on my windshield.
Letting old ppl or children out first...I dont mind as much...its douchebags that "park" and leave the car in front of the malls/stores...where its clearly not a parking space....and very likely be a fire route....those are the a-holes...

getting a ticket in front of ur house...well thats not the same issue we talking about here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Letting old ppl or children out first...I dont mind as much...its douchebags that "park" and leave the car in front of the malls/stores...where its clearly not a parking space....and very likely be a fire route....those are the a-holes...

getting a ticket in front of ur house...well thats not the same issue we talking about here.
so much hate for carrothell, just like in real life...:giggle:

·
Registered
40 Posts
re - parking ticket

Go to the Markham parking office in city hall as others have said. It will be reduced on the spot - pay the fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i got the exactly same tickets at the exactly same place on last week =.= i was buying the lottery ticket inside the convenience store for like 2 mins only =.=...total value $100. I thought that was my bad luck day, and hope the good luck come to me after the bad luck gone, but on the next day, i found myself got another tickets....that's a free ticket from Max =]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Markham Town Center will reduce it on the spot.
The reason it's $100 is because you parked in a fire zone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.