8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I got a ticket for overtime parking last week and this is not the first time! Sometimes simply because I forget to get back and remove my car in good time. My friend suggests parking reminder, e.g. can download an APP into mobilephone. I tried one, but I also have to remember to set an alarm after parking.... but my problem is remembering! :(

Have you tried such reminder? or do you have better way/idea?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

br, Simonsen

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just set an alarm on my phone and try to guess how long it will take me to walk back... so if I need to be back in an hour I set it for 45-50 min.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just set an alarm on my phone and try to guess how long it will take me to walk back... so if I need to be back in an hour I set it for 45-50 min.

so everytime you remember to set an alarm? I tried several times, but not always work, e.g. my hands are occupied. and also remember to set alarm is also an issue for me... :facepalm:

but I googled, some Apps look good, such as parkmobile, simplypark, etc. They use GPS and can set alarm once parking, some also include payment, seems more and more Apps for parking! :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, there's really no way around this other than remembering what time it is... just shoot yourself a message when you leave the car so it shows when you sent the message, then you know how much time you have left?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Rehho
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing