8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've done the sun visors and headliner to mine, its an FG2 though. The visors were slightly difficult just because of the complexity around the small nooks and crannies where the mirror is. I just taped the mirror and did it sort of in 1 go, just with very light passes and sprayed like 6 times till a dark black was showing. I had to scuff the surface with about 300 grit sandpaper or something just to give the paint something to adhere to. The worst part is the sticker, I recommend possibly just leaving the sticker on and painting then uncovering the sticker and cutting a black vinyl piece to just stick over the ugly yellow warning. I used a Dremel to sand off the sticker and that just melted the plastic there. As for the headliner, that also gave me an issue. The old glue/foam combo they had on it was very hard to get new glue to stick to, I ended up doing it 3 times cause it kept falling and drooping but I used black neoprene to give it the same kind of thickness and bounce rather than felt or other fabric, and I used 3m gorilla glue spray cans for the adhesion. I ended up getting black thread and a heavy duty needle and just sewing a pattern here and there because the glue rarely stuck and I knew once summer hit it would be back to sagging with the heat. The main areas a sewed were around the slope that is near the edges of the head liner and the rear part in the middle near the dome light fixture. If you are going to not sew it along with glue, I recommend lots of heavy weights and a mix of superglue and the 3m gorilla glue stuff, and also lots of prayers. Any questions or help needed lmk, I also painted all the ugly ivory trim on the inside black as well, be warned though a black headliner makes the dome lights completely useless at night.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I also tried dyeing the little fabric in the sunvisors as well, that did not turn out well and ill likely be just pulling the fabric out and somehow using neoprene black in there like the headliner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.