8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want to redo my entire interior black. i can do seat covers and a new carpet on the floor and floormats no problem. the only thing would be painting the interior panelling. has anyone does this? i need tips and advice/painting tips. i was just gonna pick up a few cans of spraypaint for plastic surfaces at a walmart or lowes.
also how hard is changing the door armrest fabric and the center console fabric?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I know I have seen this done (painting the paneling), I don't know if it is such a good idea to spray paint though.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i want to redo my entire interior black. i can do seat covers and a new carpet on the floor and floormats no problem. the only thing would be painting the interior panelling. has anyone does this? i need tips and advice/painting tips. i was just gonna pick up a few cans of spraypaint for plastic surfaces at a walmart or lowes.
also how hard is changing the door armrest fabric and the center console fabric?
First off, it wont last very long or look good.

Secondly, would you really trust paint from walmart to paint $2000 worth of interior parts?

I know what you mean because tan looks like crap, but paint doesnt adhere to plastic very well. There is plastic prep to help it stick, but Ive had many bad experiences on dying plastic.

Really think it over before you do anything.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The tan really isnt all that bad. Dont risk messing up the interior, just keep it clean and fresh, its still a nice car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I had to change the color on the interior, I'd dye it. But given how this is still a newer car, please keep it the same....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Paint and dye really dont work any different. They will both chip off over time. Either way it will never actually be black at heart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts