8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SinsinatiCivic said:
Please bare with me here as I am new to posting pictures. This is my new baby in Galaxy Gray, and my first mod. Was nervous as hell. Please be kind...
I apologize folks, my dig camera sucks and the resolution shows. In case you cannot see, I painted the break calipers red. Sorry about that, will work on better photos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what type of paint did you have to use? and could you describe a little bit more about your process? it looks awesome, great job.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fnx said:
what type of paint did you have to use? and could you describe a little bit more about your process? it looks awesome, great job.
I used Plastikote Brake Caliper paint (red) that I purchased at Wal-Mart. I was going to post a step by step if there was enough interest and as soon as I had taken better pictures. I can tell you that it takes about a half day or so or roughly 1.5-2 hours per wheel, as it takes 5 minutes between coats and an hour overall dry time before you can put the wheel back on. The one bit of advice I can give is have plenty of newspaper, painters tape, and old sheets as you can get your hands on. I covered the car from top to bottom as the overspray from the can loves to drift.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did you paint the calipers right on the rotor or did you pop it off. I like the way it looks and I think it'll look even better once you get some rims on there that show off more rotor and less wheel. I would like to do this so I would be interested in the DIY.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts