8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hated the chrome grill that came on my 08 EX sedan. I was originally planning on painting it black, but then decided it might contrast a little to much with the silver. So I settled on gun metal. I think it turned out great. The steps I took were: clean, wet sand, 2 light coats of adhesion promoter, 3 light coats of gun metal, and no clear coat. On with the pics:

·
Registered
13,627 Posts
Looks really good...I hate the chrome also...gives the front end a really clean cut look:thumb:

how long did the whole process take you?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Great job and looks awesome. As stated before in a previous post,#4, needs a HFP under lip spoiler and add to that (since you are so good with paint) a painted lower lip insert. To complete your front end I would think about a flip of the license plate (if it can be done on a sedan).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the commets, Im getting the windows tinted today but that is pretty much all Im allowed to spend on the car (technically its the wife's ride). Any other mod in the mean time will have to be a freebie or really cheap, so no lip kit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also painted mine (royal blue pearl car) to black. I am thinking about painting the h emblems on the back and front to gunmetal grey when i get my rims.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Nice job! I always hated that chrome bit too, but you've got a nice, understated solution right there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
its nice .... and unique

if you want to try being a bit brave ..... reh "H" emblem may help enhance the looks further ....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about nite shading the H and giving it a black chrome look, but whatever I do to the front H I have to do the the rear, and Im not sure how that would look on the rear H. And I would love to flip the license plate but they put an extra screw into the bumper so if I flip the plate I will have a hole in the bumper, and I don't think the plugs Ive seen for it look that clean.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts