8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was just wanting to get other peoples opinions on whether or not it would be rice or just plain ugly if i painted my hood black. I have a 08 TW FG2 (avatar).

Thanks you for your opinions!

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I think you are old enough to decide for yourself if you are going to like it or not.

Why do you think you need the internets approval anyway?

I say if you like it, go for it and who gives what other people may or may not think! :wavey:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why don't you get a carbon fiber hood? It's not jet black but close to it and there's many beneficial aspect to having one - stronger and lighter and if you're trying to sport legit. If you do, make sure you get safety pins for it!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you are old enough to decide for yourself if you are going to like it or not.

Why do you think you need the internets approval anyway?

I say if you like it, go for it and who gives what other people may or may not think! :wavey:
Well i never intended to make this the deciding factor, i was going to do it regardless depending on the cost.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why don't you get a carbon fiber hood? It's not jet black but close to it and there's many beneficial aspect to having one - stronger and lighter and if you're trying to sport legit. If you do, make sure you get safety pins for it!
Well i dont have the money for a carbon hood right now, and my brother got a carbon fiber hood for his and his stock hood is just sitting there, i thought i might just try it out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't understand why you would want to make your car look like it was in a collision. Not rice I suppose, just bad taste. It would look like you smashed up your front end and needed to use a junkyard hood off a black car.
Ouch is it really that bad...... But thanks for your opinion, that is what i was looking for to begin with

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
well it really depends on how people see your car. some people may say it is rice just because it isnt CF and that it does not match the colour of your car.

if you want to save money, then just get a vinyl. if you dont like it you can always take it off, rather then repainting your hood.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well it really depends on how people see your car. some people may say it is rice just because it isnt CF and that it does not match the colour of your car.

if you want to save money, then just get a vinyl. if you dont like it you can always take it off, rather then repainting your hood.
Well i still have my factory hood in case i don't like it. I'm using my brothers hood which he swapped out for carbon fiber because his hood got keyed. So hood is free. Also i have someone to paint it for free so i just pay for the paint.

And i think the vinyl will bubble from the heat from the engine bay and it gets to 110 in the summer here.

Either way Thanks you for your input on the matter.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.