8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering what kind of paint i need to paint my calipers, and where i can buy it. Also if it can even be done at home or do i need a shop to do it? Thanks

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Ive never painted them myself but many members on here have painted them. You can do it yourself, you should be able to find the right paint at any automotive store.
Ex. Discount Auto Parts, Pep Boys...etc.

Good luck! Hope I could be of help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Truplatano i should be finishing mine in a week. I got some pic already give me a week. I'm done with the rear. Just got to do the front. But for quick notes. I sanded my down cleaned them of coarse after sanding. I shot them with high temp primer and then shot them with high temp paint. Then clear coat them . I used my dremel to sand down the calpiers. I'll get some pic up maybe today. Hope this help

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
advanced auto parts has a caliper paint kit. its like 15 bucks. it has everything and all the instructions.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i use duplicolor I'll try to get pic up for u today. It will just be the rear calpiers for now though. The weather here was to crapy for me to do the front ones. All the front ones have is primier for now

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
im not a fan of the spray. i got some liquid paint that i brushed a bunch of coats on and like one guy said, keep good care of them. like when you wash your wheels, just hit up the calipers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.