8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my SI with 15k miles on it and the previous owner had painted the calipers red which I didnt think look horrible, but I'm not a huge fan. HOWEVER, they have lately become chipped and need attention badly, especially the rear. Had a couple questions:

1. If I decide to repaint red, whats the best heat sensitive red paint and where do I get it?

2. Whats the safest way to remove the paint that is on there so I can have it back to the unpainted look? (Which I am leaning toward)

THANKS!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Duplicolor makes a kit that has masking tape, cleaner, brush and paint all in one kit.

Safest way to remove is to disassemble your whole caliper and clean properly with mineral spirit, or paint remover. Be careful not to hit anything plastic or rubber (if applicable).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the info, however taking the entire caliper apart is not something I really feel like doing as it would take a majority of my saturday or sunday up...

What would be unsafe about removing the paint from the calipers with them still on the rotors? I'm asking because I dont know a thing about this topic! Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great, looks pretty easy except for not having two jacks but I'm sure I could borrow one.

Do you think theres an easy safe way to remove the red paint on mine without taking off the calipers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.