8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I painted the front brake calipers
on my Civic. The whole project took me from about 10am to 5pm to complete. Here are some pics of the results.

This is the brake caliper as it was stock. I suppose one could leave it on the car, but having it off the car makes it so much easier. I decided that I wanted a nice, smooth, glossy finish, so I used an air tool to clean up the casting of the caliper.

This is after I've finished smoothing out the pitting, and the line on the front due to the gap in the mold during casting.

Next, I sprayed VHT Real Red Caliper paint, which I picked up at Canadian Tire. It's about 14 bucks I think. Once that was dry, I used the template my girlfriend made to paint "Civic" on there in white. For this I used Dupli-color wheel paint, since they did not have any "caliper" paint available in the color.

And with a few coats of VHT Clear Caliper paint, we have the finished product.

The caliper is now re-installed. The brake line is unclamped, and the caliper is bled.

Now that is a sexy DIY red caliper! However the project isn't competely done. I still need to paint the part the holds the pads black, and also paint the rear calipers. Hope you all like it, and I hope I've inspired other DIYer's to get creative with their mods!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I hope to be able to finish the project this weekend. After that's done, we'll be saving to have the wheels re-finished in gloss black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks nice man ive been thinkin bout doin the same this only white caliper and brakcet with red lettering wondering if itll get to dirty though thoughts ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts