8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys anyone in Los Angeles or near LA know where i can take my rims to be painted cause i'm scared to do it myself?..does regular auto shop paint rims?....if anyone know who or where please..tell me..i want to paint my rims so bad..so i dnt have to buy them..hehe

·
Registered
273 Posts
to be honest wuth ya its not hard at all. take a scotch brite pad and make sure you dont have any shiny spots one you wip it down. i used all dupli-color paints cause they seem to holld up the best. i first layed down a light coat of filler primer. then i layed down a coat of primer to cover the areas to be paint. let that dry and thake the scotch brite and scuff it again. what ever dupli-color color you choose make sure your first coat is just a mist coat. cuff that coat and lay on a heavier coat but not too heavy. let that dry and scuff it once again. lay down one more coat of color and let dry. once it drys lightly scuff if with the scotch brite and lay down a thin coat of clear. i usualley let this dy scuff it and lay down a nice coat of clear. you can reapeat the process if you feel need to. heres so before and after pics of some tenzo r dc-6 wheels that i bought for 250 bucks with tire. the wheels were originally bronze but he decided to paint on grey. im redoing them all type r championship white.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a question on a the same lines. If the clear is bad on a set of wheels can you scuff them and just rear clear them? I don't want to replace my rims but would like to fix them up and they are a machine finish but the clear is bad on them. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts