8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
09 TW FA5 - 06 FG2 (RIP)
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this moring i woke up and saw paint on the si it looks like from a paint ball gun is there any way to get this out. I dont have pics right now my wife has the car

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
well i know most painballs are washable out of clothing. try just scrubing it with a soft spong, some car soap, and warm water. it might just come off.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
if some1 did shoot your car with a paintball gun, you will probly have a little circle of chips under the paintballs paint. and when you go to clean it off, don't just rub it with a towel or the shell will scratch bad. either hose it off good, or clean how you would some bird feces. for bird **** i just spray some quick detailer on it, then take a microfiber towel and start on one side and gently rotate the towel so you dont pressure it into the paint, but pick it up on the towel

·
Registered
22,033 Posts
Goo Gone, Goof Off, Oops!.

All of the above will get the job done, without damaging ur stock paint

One or the other will work, ive used them all and id suggest Oops! because its stronger but either is fine

·
Registered
588 Posts
imo i wouldnt use paint thinner but if it is paintball like the one guy said look for small fragments but just get a hose and let it flow over it until the majority of it is gone and then wash it like normal. we used to use my celica when we played and it got shot up all the time

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
imo i wouldnt use paint thinner but if it is paintball like the one guy said look for small fragments but just get a hose and let it flow over it until the majority of it is gone and then wash it like normal. we used to use my celica when we played and it got shot up all the time
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I work in a detail shop at a honda dealership and when our lot got paintballed we used paint thinner or solvent to remove it. Along with a good hot pressure washer... Just make sure you use a microfiber so you won't scratch the paint

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Don't paintballs leave little micro-dents or impressions in the metal? =/

I closed my trunk the other day with my elbow (close with hand but then transition to your bent elbow), and there's a dime-sized dent on the trunklid now :pat: rofl. You can probably dent some parts of the car just by pushing your thumb into the metal!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.