8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I did. On the passenger side headlight area, closest to the center of the car, the area where there is a gap between the headlight and the plastic bumper, I had paint peeling off from the front bumper, and it started to get really bad and more and more kept peeling away.

I told Honda this was unacceptable and they took my car for two days and put touch up paint on it. Fortunately, I now have to have my whole front bumper repainted so I guess that fixes that.

It's not uncommon to see places that Honda didn't bother painting at all, had paint overspray, or where paint is peeling off. In fact, the first time I detailed the car, I wax waxing underneath the front bumper (still on a painted area, and I got blue paint all over my applicator mit, which tells me the paint job was not done well, at all, by any standard.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I told Honda this was unacceptable and they took my car for two days and put touch up paint on it. Fortunately, I now have to have my whole front bumper repainted so I guess that fixes that.
Wow, that's lame. That's like a slap in the face, taking the car for 2 days and giving it back with touch up paint on it?

Are you sure your cars where not re painted before you got them because of a scratch or something? How did the paint peel off, did it reveal primer or another coat of paint the same color? Does anyone have any pics?

Either way that's rediculous.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
The paint peeled off right down to the bumper. It was definitely from the factory.

I was more insulted by than than by getting a touch up on it.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I have the same exact problem and was planning on posting a thread about it. It's in my passenger area where the bumper meets the fender. Except it's peeling off from the bumper, not the fender.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya

ya it sucks i took it in and thay said cuz i got a magna flow exhaughts that the man who installed it scxratched it!!! and i watching the whole time he put it on he didnt even touch it. im pissed and ideas for touch ups?? anyone had touchups done and was it good quality

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
ya it sucks i took it in and thay said cuz i got a magna flow exhaughts that the man who installed it scxratched it!!! and i watching the whole time he put it on he didnt even touch it. im pissed and ideas for touch ups?? anyone had touchups done and was it good quality
LMFAO! Isn't working on exhaust toward the rear of the vehicle, NOT the front? I'd rather not have those losers work on my car anyway, they only half ass their work and do it as fast as possible (thats how they get paid more).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts