8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When waxing my two week old Si for the first time last weekend I noticed this small spot on the passenger side fender. This spot is about 2/10th's of an inch wide and has a raised center and with a low spot around it, like a dust speck that has been painted. To compare this and other paint deficiencies, I looked at other new Civics after I found this and saw this same thing on several Civics on the lot. Can this be fixed? Maybe wet sanded without making the clearcoat too thin? I really don't feel like taking it to the dealer and would not get the whole fender repainted to fix it. I know it's minor and will probably be forgotten when I start accumulating rock chips, but still, it's my new car and I'm hoping it can be reduced or eliminated...

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have several spots like this on my car too...just looks like trash in the paint...not sure what you can do it though...maybe wetsanding and buffing would help..but the paint is so thin, IMO it won't matter in 5K miles anyway...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i have a couple of those really tiny on my car as well. noticed that alot of the members have that as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't really tell from the picture... but if there is any area of the defect that is lower in elevation than the rest of the paint surface, there is nothing you can do. Sanding the paint in that area will thin your clearcoat and achieve nothing.

You will have to strip, reprime, and repaint. Paying a professional will cost a lot of money, so I recommend you live with the blemish and focus on how amazing the rest of the car is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts