8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get the Mode button to work? I have the black and white wiress normally wired. I also tried to use the resistors that the directions that came with the adaptor said to try. I did one of the resistors and the things started going crazy and I stopped.

So does anyone have the Mode button working and what did you do to get it?

Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
343 Posts
wow dude, not quite sure what youre talking about. steering wheel controls? youll have to go a lot more in depth to get some help. never done steering wheel controls, but i can see what i can do. what color wires are coming out of the control module, and what is the part #?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the Pac SWI-PS. The steering wheel interface for Pioneer. I don't know the wire colors off hand right now. Volume and track up and down both work wonderfully. Mode does not. The interface wouldn't accept the mode button as an input.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
You first need to program volume up and then volume down as it has to be learned in an specific order.
1)Press and hold the programming button and turn your ignition key to the "ON" position. The light on the pac unit will lit up and then turn off. After it turns off, let go off the programming button.

2)After that, press the programming button according to the version you have (assuming you have the third version, you press the button three times. After that, it will blink three times. If it doesnt blink three times, then repeat this same step).

Turn the car off.

Now, turn the ignition key to the ON position and do the following:
1) Press and Hold the programming button until the light lits up.
2) Immediately after that, do the following:
a) volume up
b) volume down
3) Led will turn off on the pac module. This means the pac module has learned to volume up and volume down.

4) Repeat step 1
5) immediately do the following:
a) track up
b) track down
c) Mode
6) After that, press the programming button on the pac module three times.
And you're done!

Test afterwards.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanna say it did volume up and down, then track up and down, then mode. But that it was all one time. It didn't stop after the volume.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts