8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It is cool, I guess (the power and engine work are nice, but can't say i need or care about a car with an airplane theme.....). Seems like there is another Mustang variation every few minutes....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pure2.0 said:
It is cool, I guess (the power and engine work are nice, but can't say i need or care about a car with an airplane theme.....). Seems like there is another Mustang variation every few minutes....
sidebar: its not really a theme..., it more of a tribute to the p51's of WWII. Which saved our asses from the Japanese zero's that were straight owing the air battles until the mustangs got there.

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
I think it will be more expensive then the Z06 and they have about the same power. It looks pretty mean though. Jay Leno is probably first in line for one of this.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
acidrain said:
sidebar: its not really a theme..., it more of a tribute to the p51's of WWII. Which saved our asses from the Japanese zero's that were straight owing the air battles until the mustangs got there.
correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the p51 saw far more action in europe, against the luftwaffe

nonetheless a tribute to the bird

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
One thing I find a bit funny, the plane was the premier long range fighter to protect our bombers as they go deep into germany.

the car (gt trim) is rated at 15mpg city with a 16gal. tank. That's an estimate of what, 240 mi. range w/o refueling?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have been a warbird lover since I was about 3 years old, thus it would be almost 52 years that I have had an interest in them. On g35driver.com, we used to have weekly warbird threads. My favorite of course would be the Mustang.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
The guy in the P-51 is probably thinking, "Oh ****!!! Dogfight with an F22??? ...I quit". LOL.

Interesting concept on the 'Stang, too bad it doesn't have a machine gun on it, to really capture the feel. Or wings. :D

Personally, between the two, I think I'd pick the Mitsubishi Zero. That's just me though. Guess I'm too much into imports. :D

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Izzy said:
The guy in the P-51 is probably thinking, "Oh ****!!! Dogfight with an F22??? ...I quit". LOL.

Interesting concept on the 'Stang, too bad it doesn't have a machine gun on it, to really capture the feel. Or wings. :D

Personally, between the two, I think I'd pick the Mitsubishi Zero. That's just me though. Guess I'm too much into imports. :D
Jack Rousch owns two P-51 Mustang airplanes. According to what I have read, he wanted to see the P-51 recognized in a distinct Ford Mustang. Unfortunately, it didn't translate very well into the car version.

Some may not know that Ford chose the name "Mustang" from the P-51 Mustang airplane. When Dodge put a special hoodscoop on its Challenger T/A in 1970, credit was given to the P-51 Mustang for its belly scoop.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
P51? Pfffft.......

What we need now is a Messerschmitt 109G6 Porsche. :)

I'll only be interested in this Roush if it's got six .50 cals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts