8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

381 - 400 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
So was there any differences?
So who else forgot to screw in the plug to the back of the TB spacer? I did started the car up and it went nuts checked every hose plug and bolt before i realized i had a nice vacuum leak at the back of the spacer and had to pull it back off to get the plastic plug in!!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Yeah. I did. First post. :)

I thought the new ones didn't have a hole anymore?

·
Registered
257 Posts
yea i wish i had a video camera of me flipping out in the parking lot next to the garage i worked at was probably epic for people to watch me start ripping stuff apart and putting it back together!

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I ordered just 1 thermal gasket since i already have an AEM cai and even with the hose AEM provides i feel it will push the elbow over 2 far.

Even if it only drops the temps a few degrees its worth it in my book.

·
Registered
77 Posts
got mine from pro civic for 80 bucks with tax in, installed it. def better throttle response, esy to install, and for the price, gains are fantastic. this should be the first mod any one does to theyre si hundo%\

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
A trick for taking the studs out.
Take 2 nuts and screw them ontothe threads
Turn the inside nut out till it makes contact with the outside nut
Tighten the 2 together
use wrench on inside nut to pull the stud out
By turning to the left, this will cause it to lock against the outside nut and allow you to twist the stud with the nut.
wow i could of done that -_- my stock screw as all scratched up lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did this for my R18, not the same of course, but your DIY was helpful

It was a little hard to access the throttle body because of the windshield cowl (which I was too lazy to take off) but it was a pretty simple job. Probably took around 45 minutes

·
Registered
217 Posts

It was a little hard to access the throttle body because of the windshield cowl (which I was too lazy to take off) but it was a pretty simple job. Probably took around 30-45 minutes tops

·
Registered
16 Posts

It was a little hard to access the throttle body because of the windshield cowl (which I was too lazy to take off) but it was a pretty simple job. Probably took around 45 minutes
I just ordered one for my r18 too. Did it come with a gasket? Online it said it comes with a gasket. Also in what order did you install the gasket? Did you get and CELs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
A trick for taking the studs out.
Take 2 nuts and screw them ontothe threads
Turn the inside nut out till it makes contact with the outside nut
Tighten the 2 together
use wrench on inside nut to pull the stud out
By turning to the left, this will cause it to lock against the outside nut and allow you to twist the stud with the nut.
This is sheer genius.

Question... my starter blew...so I am pulling the intake manifold off to swap out starter. Figured, since its off... I would replace oem with hondata IMG. Then figured...since I am going to be in there...I would add TB spacer and gaskets as well. Would it be easier to pop off TB with manifold off and work benched... or do it while manifold is still attached?

381 - 400 of 402 Posts