8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

361 - 380 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Install complete, questions remain....

Hi all,

I installed my P2R TBS and gaskets today. As usual with my installs, the steps that are supposed to be difficult weren't so bad, and the steps that were supposed to be easy were difficult.

I have a stock intake. When I reinstalled the intake arm, the breather tube and vacuum tube touch each now (see attatchment 1).

Also, did I reinstall the vacuum tube correctly? I couldn't get the lip at the end of the tube into the hole, I can't remember if its even supposed to go in the hole. (see attatchment 2).

Everything else when great, and I didn't seem to have any problems on a test drive, but I really don't think the breather and vacuum tubes should be touching each other. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
2nd line of the post reads:

A torque wrench for 16ft.-lbs. of torque

·
Banned
775 Posts
this is kinda of a noob question but dont u need 2 gasket for the TBS? u need the stock 1 and an additional 1 correct? im trying to buy one off of here and the guy is saying that i only need my stock 1

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
I'd use both plastic gaskets, and remove the stock one. The point of it is to cool the air as much as possible, and using the stock gasket doesn't maximize the efficiency of this effort.

·
Registered
189 Posts
this is kinda of a noob question but dont u need 2 gasket for the TBS? u need the stock 1 and an additional 1 correct? im trying to buy one off of here and the guy is saying that i only need my stock 1
Yeah I'm wondering the same question. Except i bought mine and it was suppose to come with 2 gaskets, but only 1 was in there when i opened the box.
If not, can i get the gaskets somewhere locally? or Do i have to order them from CORSPORTS?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
A SRI won't give you any problems. When I installed my TB Spacer I had to deal with my Injen CAI ... that wasn't fun. Also needed to buy a longer coolant hose for fitment.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
My own thread response!

Probably going to get the CAI; not sure if this is going to be a good thing or bad thing. What do I need? List it out please.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
What else do you need maybe?

I have a different radiator hose that allows plenty of clearance between the CAI elbow and the radiator hose.

Got it from NAPA Auto Parts Item #7777, gonna have to slightly modify the hose by an inch or two off of one side.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Thanks; sizing info? I'm also considering the HPS intake tube too. Trying to cobble all this nuttiness online without spending bucks in real life is … taxing… but cheaper.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Thanks; sizing info? I'm also considering the HPS intake tube too. Trying to cobble all this nuttiness online without spending bucks in real life is … taxing… but cheaper.
I have a CT-E intake, HPS silicone hose, P2R spacer and 2 gasket combo and its a rough fit. Being that the CT-E intake has a shield, it only fits a certain way so when I put the P2R stuff and HPS hose on, it was too long to fit in the shield so I tried cutting down the hose which didn't really work and I wound up having to take the shield out. Luckily the HPS hose is rigid enough to hold the filter up. problem I have now is that since I put the 2nd gasket on, the filter pushes even more on the brake fluid reservoir more than it already did which for me causes a slight rattle in my clutch when I creep it out and sometimes when I'm sitting still with the AC on.

So all-in-all....be mindful of the clearances of different intakes, the space, and even that 2nd gasket.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I took the two hoses and put them next to each other and the HPS is a little longer...sorry no exact measurements.

361 - 380 of 402 Posts