8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
gains wont be felt, at least i didnt feel, but im pretty sure theyre the same. i recommend helix w/p2r gaskets because i have noticed a slight increase in fuel economy with my helix alone. (i average 285-300 mi/tank, about to hit 310 with 2 bars left. and i usually wait till 1 bar to gas up)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cuban Si said:
gains wont be felt, at least i didnt feel, but im pretty sure theyre the same. i recommend helix w/p2r gaskets because i have noticed a slight increase in fuel economy with my helix alone. (i average 285-300 mi/tank, about to hit 310 with 2 bars left. and i usually wait till 1 bar to gas up)

I would get in a habit of filling up sooner then one bar. The service manager at the dealer I work at recommends to fill around a 1/4 remaining, so that there is enough fuel for your pump to pick up. They say if you let it drain to often look forward to buying a new fuel pump! FYI

·
Registered
281 Posts
yea i kno that actually, but internal pumps sit so deep anyway, that u could get away with 1/8 tank. when gas light turns on, according to manual, u still have 1.9 gal remaining. out of 13 thats about 1/8. just dont run on fumes. thank u tho

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking for improved economy although my wife gets 300-315 to a tank now on 9.5-10 gallons. guess I'll do more research, thanks

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i love my p2r. i noticed a jump in gas mileage but nothing on the butt dyno. but they do have dyno's proving a lil power.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
There are two proven dynos on the board making a case for the P2R. I will eventually be a third.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
doesn't the "helix" pattern bother anyone else but me? Think about it. Stock the air flow into the IM past the TB is more or less linear with air passing above and below the TB at part and WOT, now add in crazy swirling turbulent air.... at part throttle the circulating air hitting the half open TB will cause turbulence inside the IM when what you want is "steady" air. The only + is at WOT otherwise the swirling air effect (IMO) is of little use.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
jsb03f said:
doesn't the "helix" pattern bother anyone else but me? Think about it. Stock the air flow into the IM past the TB is more or less linear with air passing above and below the TB at part and WOT, now add in crazy swirling turbulent air.... at part throttle the circulating air hitting the half open TB will cause turbulence inside the IM when what you want is "steady" air. The only + is at WOT otherwise the swirling air effect (IMO) is of little use.
kinda me too. but what ever. im not buying ebay stuff. corsport sells great products and i trust tai

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
true, and seriously....wait for Skunk2's new IM! That thing is gonna lower tep almost 20 degrees I hear, an in conjunction with IMG you NA monsters are gonna be golden :D

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i am waiting patiently for the im. that and a bigger throttle body. i cant wait.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I had a curious idea yesterday...wouldn't it be possible to use individual TB's.... I mean with the DBW too! OK so here is how I see it in my head.
Get the individual TB kit for the RSX-S, their head bolts to our IM so we can use their TB kit, now with that on we take out DBW system and find a way to mate it the the cable!.....I know this needs more thought... but make out DBW work with this
http://www.twminduction.com/ThrottleBody/ThrottleBody.imgs/h22_linkage_large.jpg

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Its not that much of a waste of money...for dyno proven 4whp (P2R) for a little over a hundred bucks is actually pretty good...especially if your aiming for N/A..every little bit helps IMO

·
Registered
511 Posts
jsb03f said:
The TBS is after the TB so there wouldn't be any crazy swirling turbulent air to hit a half open TB. I'm not too sure about the effiency of swirling air but the Helix one is 1/4" thicker than the P2R and when I had V8's the higher rising manifolds gave more torque and I can definately feel a bit more torque with the Helix one specially at mid range.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
They both will be good choices several freinds of mine are running the PR2 spacer with the gaskets and they all said they feel the slight TQ difference. It just nice knowing you have it there working for you plus it will decrease temps from the intake manifold to the intake so for $100 give or take its worth it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts