8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
P2651 : cleaning the VTEC oil screen

I'm intermittently getting P2651 "Rocker arm oil pressure switch B circuit low voltage" when I floor the gas. the code means the VTEC circuit was turned-on, but there is not enough pressure to engage the pin for advancing the cam profile. So, I suspect it may be a variation of the more-common DTC codes for a clogged-up-VTEC solenoid screen (P1259/P2646/P2647 ).

On my hybrid Civic, the VTEC solenoid is on the front-right of the engine (not back-left). One of the 3 bolts only comes-out partway before it hits the throttle body. Has anyone worked on the hybrid Civic's VTEC solenoid before? I'm looking for a way to get the VTEC solenoid assembly out without removing the whole TB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With better lighting, I can see that the bottom bolt of VTEC actuator module hits a casting rib on the intake manifold (several inches below the throttle body). This is really annoying. It almost looks like you need to pull the TB and then remove the intake manifold?

I will try to post a picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
P2651 : cleaning the VTEC oil screen

I'm intermittently getting P2651 "Rocker arm oil pressure switch B circuit low voltage" when I floor the gas. the code means the VTEC circuit was turned-on, but there is not enough pressure to engage the pin for advancing the cam profile. So, I suspect it may be a variation of the more-common DTC codes for a clogged-up-VTEC solenoid screen (P1259/P2646/P2647 ).

On my hybrid Civic, the VTEC solenoid is on the front-right of the engine (not back-left). One of the 3 bolts only comes-out partway before it hits the throttle body. Has anyone worked on the hybrid Civic's VTEC solenoid before? I'm looking for a way to get the VTEC solenoid assembly out without removing the whole TB.
Cut the bolt replace it with a blot approx 3/8 shorter no big deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts