8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car threw a p0171 code. It’s running so rich I fill up twice a week. I’ve already replaced the 02 sensor, maf, pcv valve, ive checked for vacuum leaks can’t find any. Car bogs down sometimes while accelerating. Anyone think they know what it could be? I have a hondata tuner I just put a pop tune on it. The car threw the code before the tune but still came back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you tune it yourself? Is it a MAF or MAP tune? The crackle tune may be only for the decel columns and may require further fuel tuning unless you got etune revisions, or only copied the decel columns over to your previous tune.

Hondata MAP tunes require complete tuning. If you have the factory airbox on you can switch to a MAF tune and see if that runs better.

Also when tuning the fuel table in a MAP tune, you should turn the cat enrichment tables to stoich, so that this firstly doesnt interfere. Then you have to figure out how much fuel trim youll allow the computer to introduce. Professional tuners usually turn it down to 5 -10% f (from 45%) and sometime turn off closed loop. If you try this all yourself, you have to remember to turn closed loop back on when you're done tuning.

BTW, the crackle tune will burn 30% more fuel, bc youre gassing it on decel, which is only necessary for turbo racecars to maintain boost pressure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd check your purge valve man and see if that's the issue because they can sometimes go bad and get stuck open which in turn causes a vaccum leak because it's not shut. You should be able to check it in flashpro. Get in your car and start logging right when you start the car up and drive around for awhile and then get on flashpro and pull up your sensors list and see if your purge valve is working how it's supposed too because if it's open right there's a vaccum leak. Or check your fuel pressure regulator. Hope you find the issue man.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
A way to know if the purge valve is bad is usually when people fill up with gas they have to push the throttle all the way down when they go to start the car or else it won't start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts