8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyones interested, or hasnt seen how its done yet, here it is. The company that does this is: PORTWORKS Racing Dynamics. Great guy, i met him today. www.portworks.net

The cover would be welded back on, sandblasted down, and powder coated / jet coated to your preferance. :thumb:

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
* Also, He does have access to a flow bench, and if you want any info on what it flows over stock, you will have to get in contact with him. From what i understand, with supporting mods, you can expect 20 hp out of this.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chullen said:
that looks exactly like the one AJP used to push as an item

This company is partnered with AJP to make them for the customer.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Sexy stuff

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
So if you buy one of their ported intake manifolds for $579, then send them yours after you receive it in the mail, they will refund you $170? Is that correct?

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mattsbobo said:
So if you buy one of their ported intake manifolds for $579, then send them yours after you receive it in the mail, they will refund you $170? Is that correct?

I never discussed that with him. You will have to call and ask.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Whocares05050 said:
I never discussed that with him. You will have to call and ask.
That's what they lead you to believe on their website. Do you have this mod?

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mattsbobo said:
That's what they lead you to believe on their website. Do you have this mod?

The intake manifold? no, My si is only a week old.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mattsbobo said:
That is correct $170 will be returned to you when we get back a usable intake core.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Habenero_R3d said:
This Does fit the K20z3 Right? sorry if its a noob question... i know its sorta the same motor as the RSX-type S but... j/w.

Yes.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Whocares05050 said:
The cover would be welded back on, sandblasted down, and powder coated / jet coated to your preferance.
Whocares05050 said:
This company is partnered with AJP to make them for the customer.

i took this out of the thread where the person got his intake manifold ported by all jap...or by this place who does all japs work, and it does not look like they sand down or paint anything. for $500+ i would expect somthing much better to look at.

also, have you seen these 20 hp gains? becuase out of the same thread i got that picture there is a dyno to show his gains. the runs are inconsistant and very unreliable due to other mods, and the speed rather than rpm.

its certian this mod does have gains, but 20hp....i doubt it. and with AJP track record and prices, i would rather wait for the skunk2 composite manifold. at least then i know i would get a quality peice rather than a ugly welded part, or not even anythig at all.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
It looks like you end up paying $409 with your returned core, so I guess the price isn't bad, but if it looks like that then no go for me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts