8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my apologies for posting in the non si forum and not bolt on, but i feel bolt on is over run by si parts and if i posted there it would not be see by those who it pertains too.

so back to topic, for those who own the topspeed auto header, are u having problems w/ your welds and quality of the product.
I will be installing mine this weekend and i will try to post as many pics as i can.
I know turktech's welds were very poor.
if there are anymore of you pls speak up, becuase if it is a problem in more than just of few headers, then ill bring it up w/ mark at tsa.
Mark is a great guy and has gone out of his way to help me, so i know if there is a problem w/ his product he'd like to know.

thanks for your time everyone
i should have a post up by sunday night on my results and inspection of this product(just header, i have megan dp).

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
what are your plans for the stock header/cat? care to sell it and recoup some of the cost for the topspeed header?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
never heard of it. got a link.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
the dyno shows 7 more horses and 8 more lbs of torque!

Not bad, but i have heard about the header for the R18 not gaining anything from members on here, so am not sure if this goes only for the megan one(or the first one that came out for the R18).

Is there anyway for you to dyno your car before the header and than another time after the header to see if you actually gain anything? if so i will buy it.

Or atleast after the header is on.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
People have had serious issues with the top speed and weapon r header/manifold. I'd wait for the Megan racing full setup to come out,they are in development of a header/manifold for our R18's. Is there any more news on that from Megan can anyone else confirm this? i know they are developing a header/manifold for our cars.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no before, ill just have an after this spring.(

I recieved it today. All my welds look to be up to par, so far looks to be quality. I took tons of pics and will have them up in a day or so, after i finish up.
I gotta run to the store and get a socket with a slit in the side inorder to take off the sensors.

the reason i chose top speed, is because over a yr and a half ago i purchase my car.(apr. of 06). Top speed auto started working on this header just after i bought my car. they put time effort and research into it as many attempts failed(they saw lots of overheating problems). Now finally they came out w/ it.
Now weapon r and megan come out of know where and havent put as much time into their product as top speed.
Im not say megan is bad becuase im not, im just trying to explain things that i thought about before puchasing this header.
I hope this product it quality and i dont regret it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good people bad product. Getting a full refund after getting 2 brand new header that both failed to seal properly. The first one had bad welds and extremely poor build because the metal on the pipe actually cracked open. The second one had nice welds but leaked out of the first 02 sensor. Tried everything to get it to stop. I also had cels with the elminator which is not something I can have on my new car. Power gains were noticable even with the all these problems. So maybe with a little more testing it will be good. But as for me I hated being the gueini pig.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ouch.

I did a further more thuro inspection and found that there are more pits on the welds than i would like to see. We'll see how it goes.

hey turk, where did u began leaking first(ill be checking there to start)? and how long did it take before it began to leak?

ive already pre notified kevin that my welds were not the best and that i was worried, so im givin them a heads up, hopefully all goes well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just recieved my email back from Mark at top speed auto(awesome guy).
so this is what i sent them
Good morning mark

I recieved my header last night(fast shipping), i would also like to say that you have some of the best cutomer service. I gave the header a nice look over, and noticed that some of the welds may not be up to par, there is some pitting(more prevelent on the outer seal of weld). Other than that the product looks very nice, and i will be installing this weeked(winter blows).
Im not saying its going to leak/fail but if it does whats your return policy?
I am not by any means a professional welder, but i do know a little bit.
I dont know if you can speak w/ the people who do the welding, but if you can tell them there not using enough shielding on the weld, or the weld surface may not be clean enough and it isnt holding on the edges(pitting).

once again, thanks for the excellent service and i hope all goes well w/ my header.
Ive taken may pics and will soon start to spread some love on the forums.

have a great holidy

alex koonce

this is what he sent back
Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your support. Yes, these headers comes with a 1 yr warranty. If you have any problems at all, let me know and I'll take good care of you and all my customers and of course our reputation. Thank you Alex and have a happy and safe holiday.

·
Registered
631 Posts
^^ouch.

I did a further more thuro inspection and found that there are more pits on the welds than i would like to see. We'll see how it goes.

hey turk, where did u began leaking first(ill be checking there to start)? and how long did it take before it began to leak?

ive already pre notified kevin that my welds were not the best and that i was worried, so im givin them a heads up, hopefully all goes well.
Well the first header leaked right at the beginning of the pipe off the head. It was kinda on the back side on the left. After I got that welded the metal actually cracked open near the middle of the pipe ( not by any welds). The second pipe leaked out of the first 02 bung. I dont know if it was the welds or the threads but I could feel it leaking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts