8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that now a days everyone wants a Black SI, now a days everyone wants a Blue SI, now a days everyone wants a White SI. To tell you the truth, I was reading something on the internet this week, I forgot what it was. But the fact is that every year Honda builds a certain amount of colors supposably, and the color that is made the least is White. Ever since the first SI was made, the color white was traditionally not really easy to find for the reason that white is white, even though it looks good, color is what Honda wants to put out. The scarce number of whites that are made, makes it the most hardest to find color in a Honda Civic SI. Just wanted to share with you something I learned, and surprisingly the funny part is that, I have a White SI, and im very happy to have read such a intresting fact, but then again, maybe its not true.

Ethier way, I normally dont see a white Honda SI, its normally black, or a diffrent color, and the whites are always very pretty, and hard to come by, especially now that the new 8th generation came out, anyways, let me know what you guys think of this subject. :thumb:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Any color is cool. Just having a 06 Civic Si is even better. Congrats for those who have them, and for those who are patiently waiting for theirs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a choice to get a white sedan but it didn't look so good instead I went with the blue after seeing the pics on this site... I wouldn't care what is scarce u could always repaint it.. figi blue is hard to come by to mix yourself but they probably have it in pints now at the honda dealer...

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I wanted white. The only one in the whole state of california (in jan of 06) was marked as $5000 over sticker. I could afford $5000 in air so i waited a week. The only Si in 12 dealships in a 40 mile radius was black. So, I got black because i need a car. Then next day, the dealship with the White Si called me and said we will take $1000 off. I told them I bought a Black one and said I paid 25,000 for it just to piss them off. It was great.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I got a white Si...it was marked up for 28k...but I got that price dropped. I rarely see TW, RR, or habi red. I see black, figi blue, galaxy grey, and silver a lot.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
white is pretty common around here... black is probably the most common. the least common is probably habi, RR or maybe even silver... that's over by me in chicago.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I agree. great topic. i've never seen a white coupe/sedan Si in reality.
i've always seen other Si colors. Interesting fact...nice!
Congrats! on the white Si.
btw. I have a Black Si. hahaha I wish I had a white Si.

·
Registered
106 Posts
MBK said:
white is pretty common around here... black is probably the most common. the least common is probably habi, RR or maybe even silver... that's over by me in chicago.
Haven't seen too many tw si's around Chicago, the habi is rare to see out here but black is the most common...I have a tw si sedan myself!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts