8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Civic LX Sedan
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet fellow 8th gen owners are sick of their cheap and useless plastic sun visors as well. I found our solution in this video. Check it out! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I did this exact "mod" several years ago. Very happy to this day with them.
Heck yeah! I knew I wasn't the first to do it. But I knew I should make a video for it because A LOT of people still don't know about it either.

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
All I had to do is cut off the wiring for the sensor (mine came with them) that triggers the light (on the Acura's headliner if memory serves......... I can't remember, I did this in 8 years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I had to do is cut off the wiring for the sensor (mine came with them) that triggers the light (on the Acura's headliner if memory serves......... I can't remember, I did this in 8 years ago.

Yeah you just cut the wiring off the visors where they bolt into the ceiling.

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
Yeah you just cut the wiring off the visors where they bolt into the ceiling.
The evil modder in me wanted to keep wiring intact and find that roof mounted light to retrofit into my Civic. Then I realized I would have to get schematics from a TL (shouldn't be hard), then get the parts, then mod the headliners, then BLAH. Too much I thought. Besides, I wanted install the visor and be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts