8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went to the track today.. took the 07 si sedan and the 02 gmc ecsb... we ran em for 4 hours with similar results...
si has new tires, intake (injen) and dumped exhaust and 1/8 tank..
disappointed in the car... i tried variety of launch and settled on a sorta spin till it slips feel that really felt good. truck has 294cui's and mild cam, truck tires and a tune.... truck ran 9.488 @ 77.021... 2.257 60'... just ordered built 4l60e and 3500 stall...
car ran 9.93 @ 73.789 ...... 2.490 60'
YouTube - 07 civic si (k20z3,I,E) vs. 02 GMC Sierra cam,exhaust,tuned

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry dude just dont understand... i wasnt driving the car i was driving the truck... the alternated... si got smoked everytime. dont get it
truck weighs 5500lbs btw its 2wd

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
The little engine that couldnt...:sadwavy:

Turbo or SC that puppy. Youll be alittle more satisfied

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
sorry dude just dont understand... i wasnt driving the car i was driving the truck... the alternated... si got smoked everytime. dont get it
truck weighs 5500lbs btw its 2wd

just a guess, but fr's have better launches generally from a dead stop than a fwd. and second the Si got taken hard because well... its a truck, ask yourself whats its strongest game? low end torque, 1/8. all super disadvantageous to the Si.

just a guess, but i dont think that same truck on a roll would leave the Si behind like on the video.

fast truck

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know thats a good point, Si.. they are both daily drivers... bought the civic for the wife... liked how quick it was stock so i started moding the truck due to the lack of aftermarket... the truck is faster.. but its not as fuel efficent!! thinking about throwing about a 75 shot on the Si... i know nothing abouth the DBW + nitrous (ie dont know how to pull timing in the si or mess with fuel tables) software for this?
more vids and pics on request

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I never understood why there was 1/8 mile tracks...just don't get it...it's like making I-10 with 1 lane paved and the other lane unpaved with gravel everywhere...yeah...doesn't make since.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
ass rapeSSSS

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
trucks are fast thow i vs a 06 dodge ram it kicked my ass :{

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The Si driver need to learn how to drive his car, i can hit 10.2 in the 1/8 mile with my R18 with those same mods, and i know the Si can easily see 9.5 if driven right.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The new Ford F250 will RAPE a new Mustang GT. I have driven one with a Bully Dog chip in it and I was glued to the seat unil I let off the gas at about 95.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts