:lock:

in the old thread like in all the others hahahha

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:yeahthat:

administrator said:
What happens with large chat threads is that they can eat up the database and put a HUGE load on it every time they are being used. Even the ones in this forum are much too large. They should all be limited to about 10,000 posts each.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
^ I see... :think:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I'm going to be purchasing a set of Falken Azenis RT-615's 225/45/17 for my stock wheels for track-use. Good decision? Just need some opinions from people who have tried these tires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A couple (or maybe more) of people had those at autoX last year as well. They seemed to perform okay. I don't have direct experience with either the Star Specs or the Azenis, just what I've heard from others.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Posting to get subscribed into the new thread.

Just got back from a weekend in Tremblant. Never been there during "off-season" (as in it's not summer and it's not winter). FYI, lots of places are closed for changeover, inventory etc. But still enjoyed the time away. Can't believe it snowed/it stuck to the mountain!

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
I'm going to be purchasing a set of Falken Azenis RT-615's 225/45/17 for my stock wheels for track-use. Good decision? Just need some opinions from people who have tried these tires.
I can't comment on those, but I wasn't overly impressed with the ZE512's I had... they weren't terrible, but they weren't that great either. My RE760's are much better :D

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
^ Nevermind then :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
What about compared to the new Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec's?
Never tried any of the summer performance tires mentioned myself, but found a good comparo here: Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Direzza won, but based on this and MCO tire threadwear rules I would probably get Hankook for my autocross adventures this year to avoid getting points. And they last longer and are more quiet for every day commute. Wonder how much one can get for Si wheels with half-used tires? Would love to get lighter wheels and new tires...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Flojd - don't worry about the points for autoX. The tires alone won't do anything to your classing. Once you start putting other mods on then you have to keep an eye on it. Can't comment on the daily driving noise for the Dunlops, but my Hankook RS2s are fine.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
What about brakes?
I will probably be looking at doing brakes sometime this summer. Any recommendations for pad/rotor setups? What have any of you used yourself/like/recommend?

1 - 20 of 1548 Posts