8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered it, its going to be built on 11/27, and delivered on 12/14.

Does this seem right to you guys? i mean that seams like a long time away, its like 6 weeks just to build and order.

The reason i had to order was because: They have NO, I MEAN NOT ONE,
Alabaster Silver, EX, Auto with navi in texas. They had one in Oklahoma, but they sold it while it was being put on the truck to come to me, so i gotta order one.

Anyways, im excited, but i just wanted to ask about the time, it seems a little much. Anyway, Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I ordered the same thing in the Chicago area but manual. Gave me the same quote on time. They actually said it might possibly not even be ready until Jan 2006. This sucks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered back in the middle of october when the sedans originally showed up. They said it would be ready in November. I called a week ago and he said it's being built in November and wont arrive until December. sigh..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ordered an 06 EX Coupe Automatic around Oct 20'ish. Build date is Nov 13th with delivery date of Nov 28th.

I am going to go test drive a Mazda 3 series 5 door with the fully loaded Grand touring edition. If it doesn't blow my pants off so to speak, then I will be content to wait for my Civic.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, well you guys waiting time seems about consistent with mine, it just seemed like a long time. Im glad i have another car, otherwise i would be ending up with the LX 5-speed they have at my dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is the same crap every manufacturer pulls when they have a hot product being introduced. Remember the so called "shortage" on X-Box's when they came out? Turns out they were just letting them out a trickle at a time to drive up interest and demand. Honda is smart, they have a good idea about what the demand is going to be and I'm sure they have the manufacturing capacity to easily handle it. They are just driving up interest.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aj4451 said:
This is the same crap every manufacturer pulls when they have a hot product being introduced. Remember the so called "shortage" on X-Box's when they came out? Turns out they were just letting them out a trickle at a time to drive up interest and demand. Honda is smart, they have a good idea about what the demand is going to be and I'm sure they have the manufacturing capacity to easily handle it. They are just driving up interest.
Oh i know, i bet my car has already been built and is just sitting in a parking lot at the Honda plant in Ohio.:(

·
Registered
161 Posts
06Ex said:
Oh i know, i bet my car has already been built and is just sitting in a parking lot at the Honda plant in Ohio.:(
Not necessarily, I remember reading that some are built in Canada and some are even being built in Japan!

I agree, regardless, the waiting sucks!!

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ncoday said:
Not necessarily, I remember reading that some are built in Canada and some are even being built in Japan!

I agree, regardless, the waiting sucks!!
Wherever it is....its needs to be in my garage...or out on the street with me in it.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MaxxxRacer said:
I am getting the exact same car tommorow or friday.. Cant wait for it.
i hate you:p

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol.. that is one of the joys of Los Angeles. Close to the port and we get prority becuase of the large number of people in Los Angeles.

Now hopefully it gets here tommorow. Earlier this afternoon the car was on a truck from the dock to the dealer...

I will post a boatload of pics when I get it.. That is after i drive it around for a while.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MaxxxRacer said:
lol.. that is one of the joys of Los Angeles. Close to the port and we get prority becuase of the large number of people in Los Angeles.

Now hopefully it gets here tommorow. Earlier this afternoon the car was on a truck from the dock to the dealer...

I will post a boatload of pics when I get it.. That is after i drive it around for a while.
Please post some pics, i would love some good ones of my exact car

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool, just try and get some good night time pics of everything, i have yet to see the interior with navi at night.

I really appreciate it man, have fun with it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I should note that the "night time" mode for the navi is TOTALY useless. It makes the entire screen black and unreadable. In the short time I was driving it at night I disabled it so that I could actually see what the nav was showing.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MaxxxRacer said:
I should note that the "night time" mode for the navi is TOTALY useless. It makes the entire screen black and unreadable. In the short time I was driving it at night I disabled it so that I could actually see what the nav was showing.
What do you mean, Night mode? is that like a dimmer on the navi, how much does it dim, and how do you turn it off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went in on October 22nd (Saturday), drove several different combinations, then went back the next Monday and told them the combo i wanted. They, of course, didnt have it, but said they'd get it. The following saturday (Oct 29) I picked up my EX sedan. They even got my spoiler installed that morning, before I picked it up.

Maybe navigation is the hold up?

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think they got yours from another dealer.

See mine, isnt actually even being built until Nov. 27th.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the night mode is only for the LCD screen. What it does is make it darker so that it doesnt seem realy bright during the night time and distract you while you are driving.

BUT all it does instead of dimming the screen is turn the screen a really funky black. When I get it today I will take a picture and show you.

Its rather easy to disable. Just go into the options of the nav and it will be there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts