8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i ordered my Ct-e supercharger today, just wondering if anyone is running one with a go-pwr header. I really dont wanna go full 3'' due to sound but people seem to recommend the go-pwr header as far as the 2.5'' stuff goes. Would it + vibrant catback make decent power? Im shooting for as close to 300whp as possible. If i have to go full 3'' i guess id go s2/FR cat back. (I got stage 2 w/ 3.15 pulley)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i'm considering ordering the stg1 very soon myself.
most people i've talked to say you need at least the modified injectors (some say 700+ ID's), and a walbro fuel pump.
you'll also need an upgrade over the stock intake for a stage2... the go-pwr header is fantastic from all i've heard, i have a vibrant 2.5" catback, which is excellent (love my black exhaust!!) i'm using a vibrant header with HFC and have been told that would be fine for my stage1 setup, most likely the stage2 also... make sure you get Flashpro and a good tune for stage2 though (or mods for that matter)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont expect it right away, but im looking for mods that will be stepping stones to that magic number (for me anyways) which is why im asking. I see people making good power running greddy evo 2's and then other people swear by the full 3'' exhausts. Its kinda hard to tell as there so many variations in setups, dynos etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, the thing that kills me is the skunk 2 header is $800 damn dollars then you add the cost of a cat back..... i can get an entire vibrant/gopower setup for roughly the cost of just the header. I guess you gotta pay to play but i just cant justify spending $800 on an off the shelf header. The other option is the invidia header as it will bolt right up the the full race 3'', has a 70mm collector as well and costs alot less than the skunk 2, but not many people seem to have it and that weird bend it has kinda bothers me, idk. to many choices.:hiding:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yea, the thing that kills me is the skunk 2 header is $800 damn dollars then you add the cost of a cat back..... i can get an entire vibrant/gopower setup for roughly the cost of just the header. I guess you gotta pay to play but i just cant justify spending $800 on an off the shelf header. The other option is the invidia header as it will bolt right up the the full race 3'', has a 70mm collector as well and costs alot less than the skunk 2, but not many people seem to have it and that weird bend it has kinda bothers me, idk. to many choices.:hiding:
The skunk2 header makes less power than the KiddRacing Replica and arguably isn't that much better quality wise. The welds are definitely on par but I'd give the nod to Skunk2 for the t304 quality, if you really give a big enough **** about the quality of metal and nothing else then yeah go for it.

Otherwise, get a gopwr 3" and the KiddRacing setup and make monster numbers.

My Kiddracing / 70mm setup made 308whp.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
2.5 inch to 3 inch with S/C setup won't net you 20WHP lol...

But with CAI/RH/2.5 inch or 3 inch exhaust you'll hit right around 300WHP depending on the dyno... not gonna happen if your at a Mustang dyno... Dynapack prolly!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Depends on which Mustang dyno. And there is a difference from going to 2.5"-> 3",and I hate to break it to you, but it isn't negligible.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I was thinking of getting a custom Go Power header in the future, making sure it has the heat coating, and a HFC (to keep it legal).

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
My Kiddracing / 70mm setup made 308whp.
On what kind of dyno...a dynapack? And what pulley? You running meth?

That's a pretty high number for a 3.15.

OP, realistically you shouldn't expect to hit 300whp without some sort of cooling, such as meth or an aftercooler. It just doesn't happen easily. You'll likely see around 285-290whp, even with the best of bolt-ons. Still, that's nothing to sneeze at. And you couldn't make use of that other 10-15 whp anyways (and much less feel the difference) without some really sticky tires.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Depends on which Mustang dyno. And there is a difference from going to 2.5"-> 3",and I hate to break it to you, but it isn't negligible.
Youre saying if I dyno 300WHP on the dynapack with the Vibrant 2.5 inch... I could dyno 315+WHP on the dynpack with a comparable 3 inch??

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
There will be a noticeable difference.

The exact number, well, there are so many different variables that go into it.

I don't get why most of the user base is obsessed with dyno numbers.

Any comparison that has any type of variables involved will not be equivocal.

Just because one car gained X HP utilizing X mod, doesn't mean the same results will be yielded on another vehicle.

There are sooo many variables. I just don't see why people get so hung up on it.

Well I sort of do, for some it should be called an e-peenometer instead of a dynaometer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I just want 300whp pretty much just to say I have a 300whp car haha. I suppose I'll go full 3inch, Ive seen people put up 295 with 2.5inch tho idk like you all have said there's so many variables

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Just fyi - Realxlai is running the 3.15 pulley with a 3" go-pwr

And I'll soon be installing my 3.15" with 3" Full Race (w/ custom 3" go-pwr header).

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I hit 296 with the 3.15 pully vibrant rh w/hfc vribrant cat back with a 12inch resonator, and the pwjdm intake. I dont see why you cant make 300 with out a 3inch. Id bet if i had no cat or resonator id be over 300.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Jonny, what dyno where you on?

Guys, we're throwing around numbers here without a dyno reference. The difference between a Mustang dyno and a dynapack could be 50whp with the exact same test car.

·
Registered
999 Posts
On what kind of dyno...a dynapack? And what pulley? You running meth?

That's a pretty high number for a 3.15.

OP, realistically you shouldn't expect to hit 300whp without some sort of cooling, such as meth or an aftercooler. It just doesn't happen easily. You'll likely see around 285-290whp, even with the best of bolt-ons. Still, that's nothing to sneeze at. And you couldn't make use of that other 10-15 whp anyways (and much less feel the difference) without some really sticky tires.
3.15 on a DynoDynamics.

3.15 pulley
520cc injectors
255 walbro/crushed fpr
Fujita SRI with AEM TruFlow 3" filter
KiddRacing Header
70mm piping into 2.5" Borla Muffler
tuned by Manny at No Limit Motorsports

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I was on a Dyna pack